November 8, 2016 Election
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors Election
Candidates in Ballot Order
Four at-large positions on The Woodlands Township Board of Directors will be elected in the November 2016 election, designated as positions 1, 2, 3 and 4. Each office carries a two-year term and all four positions are elected at large by voters in The Woodlands Township in both Montgomery County and Harris County.
Position 1: Amy Lampman, Gordy Bunch, Bob Leilich
Position 2: Mike Bass, Brian Boniface
Position 3: John Anthony Brown, Stuart L. Schroeder
Position 4: Bruce Rieser, Chris Grice
Voting Information for The Woodlands Township Voters
Election Day Voting
Voting Hours for All Polling Sites:
- Tuesday, November 8, 2016 (7 a.m. - 7 p.m.)
On Election Day, voters must vote at their designated precinct polling location. If you are a Woodlands Township voter and you know your precinct number, you can click here to find your Election Day Polling Site.
If you are unsure of your precinct number, you can find your specific precinct number, polling location, sample ballot and more on the election website for the County in which you reside.
- July 23, 2016 - First Day to File Application to Appear on Ballot for One of the Designated Positions (July 25 - First day for acceptance of forms.)
- August 22, 2016 - Last Day to File Application to Appear on Ballot for One of the Designated Positions (5 p.m.); Last Day to Order Election
- August 26, 2016 - Last Day to File Declaration of Write-In Candidacy (5 p.m.)
- October 11, 2016 - Last Day to Register to Vote
- October 24, 2016 - First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- October 28, 2016 - Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (received, not postmarked)
- November 4, 2016 - Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- November 8, 2016 - Election Day
Important Election Information
The Texas Secretary of State is the chief election officer of the State of Texas and provides the uniform election calendar. Interested persons are encouraged to visit the Secretary of State's Election Division website or contact the Secretary of State's Election Division by telephone at 1-800-252-VOTE (8683) to obtain the most current information.
It is the duty of the candidate to become familiar with the laws applicable to Texas elections, ethics, and campaign finance reporting. Candidates are solely responsible for compliance with these laws. Additional resources can be found at the Secretary of State website and the Texas Ethics Commission website.
As the authority responsible for calling and holding a fair and impartial election, The Woodlands Township cannot provide legal or administrative advice or assistance to candidates or prospective candidates. Candidates may wish to seek legal counsel or other professional advice in this regard. In November 2010, the Township Board adopted Resolution No. 020-10 regarding the annual Board of Directors Election. This resolution was replaced in August 2013 with Resolution No. 012-13, which was updated to reflect participation in joint elections for Harris County polling sites.
All political election signage must conform to The Woodlands Standards Section 2.10 (page 50) and Section 2.12 (page 54).
If you have any questions about the election, please call The Woodlands Township at 281-210-3800. The fax number is 281-210-3978.