- Packet Pickup
- Bib Numbers
- Bike Check-in
- Bag Drop
- Event Schedule
- Wave List
- Open Water Swim Practice
- Water Temperature
Athletes must pick up their own packet. You must have a government-issued photo ID to pick up your packet. (No exceptions.)
Parents may pick up packets for their minor children (under 18).
A registered relay team member may pick up the packet(s) for their team, but will need to have copies of each team member's photo ID.
Your race packet will contain a CB&I TRI technical shirt, hat or visor, race/running bib, bike number, helmet number, swim cap and timing chip. Athletes must wear the swim cap provided.
Bike Check-In and body marking will be available for participants on Friday, May 11, 2018 at Northshore Park from 5 to 9 p.m. There will be overnight security at the park. To save time on Race Day, this is highly encouraged.
- Only registered participants will be allowed in transition during Bike Check-In.
- Athletes must have attached their bike number to their bike prior to checking in. If you are checking in your helmet, you must have your helmet number attached before entering transition. No exceptions.
- Athletes must check in their own gear.
- Once you have checked in your bike, you will need to exit transition in a timely manner. Loitering is prohibited.
- Athletes may not ride their bikes in transition.
There will be a secured bag drop for your convenience. The bag drop will be open at 5 a.m. on Race Day.
- Put your clothing in the bag provided and write your bib number on your back.
- Move quickly away from the area to allow other athletes to access the drop.
- Though the bag drop tents will be staffed by volunteers for the duration of the event, The Woodlands Township is not responsible for bags dropped off or valuables left in your bag.
Race Day Schedule (Times subject to change)
- 5 a.m. Transition Opens (Bike Check-In, Body Marking, Bag Drop)
- 6:45 a.m. Transition Closes
- 7 a.m. First Wave Out
- 8 a.m. Post-Race Celebration Begins
- 8:30 a.m. Swim Course Closes (Athletes must be out of water by this time.)
- 9:20 a.m. Bike Course Closes (Athletes must be leaving T2 by this time, or they will be unable to start the Run Course.)
- 9:30 a.m. Awards Ceremony
- 10:15 a.m. Run Courses Closes
- 10:30 a.m. Transition Opens
- 11:30 a.m. Post-Race Celebration Ends
- You must go out in your assigned wave. Athletes who begin the race in the incorrect wave will be disqualified.
- Participants must use the swim cap provided.
- Swim buoys will remain on your left throughout the swim course.
- Lifeguards, kayaks and boats will be located throughout the swim course should a participant need quick rescue.
Open Water Swim Practice
Open Water Swim Practice and clinics will be available on Saturday, May 5, 2018 at Northshore Park.
From April 23 to May 12, 2018, The Township will be taking daily water temperature readings of Lake Woodlands.
For daily water temperature updates, please follow The Woodlands Township Parks and Recreation Facebook page.
Previous Race Day Water Temperature
2017 CB&I TRI race day water temperature was 75°
2015 CB&I TRI race day water temperature was 75.7°
2014 CB&I TRI race day water temperature was 74.6°
2013 CB&I TRI race day water temperature was 70°
2012 CB&I TRI race day water temperature was 84°
The 2016 CB&I TRI was cancelled due to poor weather conditions.
Course Time Limits
Cut Off Time - 8:30 a.m.
Swim Course Closes
- All athletes must complete the swim course by 8:30 a.m. or they will not be allowed to start the bike.
Cut Off Time - 9:20 a.m.
Bike Course Closes
Bike Course Closes
- All athletes must leave Transition (T2) by 9:20 a.m. or they will not be allowed to start the run.
If an athlete exceeds the time limit set for that portion of the event (swim, bike, run), CB &I TRI – The Woodlands race staff reserves the right to remove that athlete from the course, and in turn, that athlete will not be able to continue.
Cut Off Time - 10:15 a.m.
Run Course Closes
Run Course Closes
- All finishers MUST be in by no later than 10:15 a.m. when the finish line closes.
If an athlete exceeds the time limit set for that portion of the event (swim, bike, run), CB&I TRI – The Woodlands race staff reserves the right to remove that athlete from the course, and in turn, that athlete will not be able to continue.