- Latest News from the Township
- Township Hurricane Updates
- Partner Agency Updates
- Hurricane Preparedness
VACCINE NEWS Governor Abbott Provides COVID-19 Vaccine Update: Governor Greg Abbott today held a roundtable discussion alongside healthcare professionals at Houston Methodist Hospital to highlight his legislative priorities to ensure a healthier future Read on...
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (January 15, 2020) – The Woodlands Township will hold a Board of Directors Meeting via videoconference on Thursday, January 21, 2021. The Board of Directors Meeting is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. Read on...
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (January 15, 2021) – The Woodlands Township has moved its two (2) regularly-scheduled January meetings to an online format. Read on...
Get the latest updates and news releases from surrounding counties and local government agencies.
Understand that planning may be different this year because of COVID-19. Please use the tips below to help prepare yourself and your family for a safer hurricane season.
- Give yourself more time than usual to prepare your emergency food, water, and medicine supplies. Home delivery is the safest choice for buying disaster supplies. If in-person shopping is your only choice, take steps to protect your and others’ health when running essential errands.
- Be safe when filling prescriptions by limiting in-person visits to the pharmacy. Sign up for mail order delivery, call in your prescription ahead of time and use drive-through windows or curbside pickup. Order a 60- or 90-day supply to have on hand.
- Pay attention to local guidance for evacuations and shelters, including potential shelters for your pets.
- If you need to evacuate, prepare a “go kit” with personal items you cannot do without during an emergency. Include items that protect you and others from COVID-19, such as hand sanitizer, bar or liquid soap if not available, and two cloth face coverings per person. Face coverings should not be used by children under the age of two, be used by people having trouble breathing, or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- When you check on neighbors and friends, be sure to follow social distancing recommendations (staying at least 6 feet, about 2 arms’ length, from others) and other CDC recommendations.
- If you need to go to a disaster shelter, follow CDC recommendations for staying safe and healthy in a public disaster shelter during COVID-19.
- Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management: 936-523-3918
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management: Dial 2-1-1 for all basic needs
- The Woodlands Township: 281-210-3800 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>