Pickleball in The Woodlands
A complex of 8 courts is available at Falconwing Park. As well as 43 pickleball overlays (nets not included) located across the community. Every village has at least one set of pickleball overlays.
Currently, five ITPPA Certified Pickleball Instructors are approved to instruct within The Woodlands pickleball courts. Many programs available as well as private instruction.
Pickleball Court Information
Pickleball courts are open to the public, users without reservations must yield court(s) to permit holders and scheduled programs through The Woodlands Township.
Hours of Operation: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Pickleball Court Fees:
Dedicated Pickleball Courts (1 court including nets)
$10/hour Resident Non-Peak
$12/hour Resident Peak (Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 to 8 p.m.)
Overlays (Tennis courts – 2 overlays per reservation)
$10/hour Resident Non-Peak
$12/hour Resident Peak (Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 to 8 p.m.
Pickleball Schedule Open Play
The dedicated courts at Falconwing Park will have scheduled open play times. Open Play Schedule and Grand Opening dates to be announced.
Determining your level of Play
- Beginner: New to pickleball (still learning scores and rules), learning how to serve and return consistently, and working on having a rally. Up to being able to keep score and becoming more comfortable with double plays and sustaining small rallies.
- Intermediate: Can play longer rallies and use forehand and backhand. Begins to come into the non-volley zones, begins to use dinks and lobs. Serves are becoming more consistent and beginning to have better court coverage.
- Advanced: Players are consistent on serves and returns, have directional control on shots. Working on shot variety in play, more aggressive net play, opponent anticipation. Using the third shot drop and mixed plays with dinks, soft shots, more pace, angles and lobs.
Basic Rules of Play
Pickleball Leagues, Lessons, and Tournaments
All pickleball programming is coordinated by The Woodlands Township Recreation Centers. Pickleball instructors are certified professional instructors. Lessons are available for players of most skill levels and ages.
Looking for some friendly competition? Join a pickleball league! Township ladder leagues and well as leagues offered by our instructors are available.
Looking to register for a program? Registration is made easy by registering on the phone, online or in person.
- Online – Pickleball Programs Registration
- Over the Phone – 281-516-7348 or 281-210-3950
- In Person – The Recreation Center at Bear Branch, 5310 Research Forest Drive. Open Monday through Thursday (7 a.m. to 8 p.m.), Friday (7 a.m. to 6 p.m.), and Saturday (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.) or The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming, 6464 Creekside Forest Drive. Open Monday through Thursday (7 a.m. to 8 p.m.), Friday (7 a.m. to 6 p.m.), and Saturday (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.).
For more information, email email@example.com.