The Woodlands Township is unique in many ways, but it is never more evident than in its more than 130 parks. Each carefully designed and located in all villages throughout The Woodlands, the parks are connected by miles of pathways.
Park Hours and Policies
- Parks are open from dawn until dusk, unless otherwise posted.
- Lighted courts and fields close at 11 p.m.
- The speed limit in parks is 10 miles per hour.
- Parking is allowed only in designated areas.
- Operating a motor vehicle within a park, except on roads and parking lots, is prohibited.
- View Park Rules Amended Order No. 019-09.
- View Special Events Policy and Procedures.
- View Sprayground Rules.
- View Dog Park Rules.
- View Skate Park Rules.
- View Archery Range Rules
The following are prohibited:
- Glass Containers
- Fires (Except in Barbecue Grills)
- Disorderly Conduct
- Swimming in Lakes / Ponds @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Horseback Riding
- Soliciting Funds or Donations
- Distributing Circulars
- Removal or Destruction of Vegetation
- Littering and Dumping @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Excessive Noise
- Vehicles Left Overnight
- Guns or Weapons
- Selling Goods and Services @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The following tips are provided to help you enjoy The Woodlands parks. Please abide by these guidelines and the park rules to respect and protect every resident's right to enjoy the amenities.
Many of our parks are designed for neighborhood use, where residents are encouraged to walk or bike to the parks by way of neighborhood pathways. These parks generally do not allot spaces for vehicle parking. If you drive to a park, please choose one with ample parking space.
Do not park on the grass at neighborhood parks. Parking on the grassy areas may kill the grass and is a potential fire hazard. If no spaces are available to park your vehicle, we encourage you to use another park where parking spaces are readily available. There are more than 100 parks to choose from!
Clean and Safe
The Parks and Recreation needs your help to maintain the beauty of parks in The Woodlands. Please report any vandalism, unsafe structures or questionable behavior to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department at 281-297-6500 or The Woodlands Parks and Recreation Department at 281-210-3900. Thank you for your cooperation!
Common Sense Guidelines
For your personal safety, we recommend that when you are enjoying the parks and pathways you travel in pairs or groups. Do not allow children to stay at parks unattended. Lock your bikes and cars with valuables out of sight.