National Night Out
What is National Night Out? National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make neighborhoods a safer, better place to live. National Night Out is designed to:
- Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness.
- Generate support for local anti-crime efforts.
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships.
- Send a message to criminals letting them know neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
National Night Out in The Woodlands
Each year, residents of The Woodlands are asked to lock their doors, turn on outside lights and spend the evening outside with neighbors. Neighbor knowing neighbor is one of the most effective ways to prevent crime. National Night Out celebrates our police-community partnerships. The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office and Harris County Constable’s Office Precinct 4’s commitment to community policing must include you, the community.
National Night Out 2020 will look a little different this year. National Night Out is set for Sunday, October 11, 2020 from 2 to 5 p.m. as a public safety drive-thru event! The public safety drive-thru event is designed for all neighborhoods to share friendly greetings with public safety personnel. Routes are designated by village, neighborhood and main collector streets and include estimated times. They will be posted below and on The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch Facebook page.
- Residents are encouraged to come to their front yard, driveway or to the nearest intersection crossing to wave hello, display thank-you posters, sidewalk chalk art and other creative gestures to thank public safety personnel.
- Please keep everyone safe by practicing social distancing and wearing a face covering.
- As public safety apparatus and personnel enter a neighborhood, they will sound their horn and/or siren. They will remain in their vehicles as they drive by and wave.
- Please do not approach the public safety vehicles and be especially mindful of children.
National Night Out Resources
Check back after Monday, October 5, 2020.
Sponsorships are not available this year due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Neighbors Helping NeighborsIn the spirit of National Night Out, The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch is collaborating with Interfaith of The Woodlands Food Pantry, Montgomery County Women’s Center and Montgomery County Animal Shelter. Please see the fliers below for more information on each organization.
Interfaith of The Woodlands Food Drive flyer
Montgomery County Women's Center Drive flyer
Montgomery County Animal Shelter Drive flyer