Holiday Waste Collections
2017 Holiday Collection Schedule
The only holidays that will affect residential trash and recycling collection in 2017 are:
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 23, 2017
- Christmas Day: Monday, December 25, 2017
For all other holidays, please place your carts at the curb if it is your regular service day. For a trouble-free pick-up, please place carts at curb by 7 a.m., make sure that lids on carts close completely and follow service guidelines.
The Woodlands Recycling Center on Research Forest Drive will be open every Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m, regardless of holidays.
- On your first pickup day following December 25, extra wrapping paper and gift boxes are accepted curbside for recycling.
- To recycle holiday paper and gift boxes, place in a paper bag or small box next to your recycling cart.
- The holiday recycling truck is a traditional rear-loading truck, reserved only for recyclables.
- NO plastic bags or film (Recycle at local grocery stores)
- NO Styrofoam™ (Block Styrofoam™ recycles at Precinct 3 Recycling Facility; Packing peanuts recycle at local shipping stores)
- NO bubble wrap (Recycle at local grocery/shipping stores)
- NO ribbon or decorations
- Failure to follow guidelines will result in items being left at the curb.
Recycling Green Christmas Trees:
- Remove all decorations and lights from the tree.
- Remove tree stands.
- Place the tree at the curb on your regular service day.
- Green trees will be picked up by the yard waste truck as part of your regularly scheduled services.
Disposing Flocked Christmas Trees:
- Schedule as bulk/heavy pick up by calling 1-800-800-5804 or e-mailing email@example.com
- Call at least two working days before your regular service day.
- Flocked Christmas trees must be landfilled.
Extra Household Waste:
- Requires purchase of a pink tag for extra service.
- One tag per bag.
- Cost: $1.75 per tag.
- Each bag must weigh less than 40 pounds.
- Purchase tags from The Woodlands Township offices, The Woodlands Township Recreation Center, Kroger (Cochran’s Crossing, Alden Bridge and Sterling Ridge) and Randalls (Grogan’s Mill and Panther Creek).
Collection Schedule, Missed Pick-Up or Unresolved Service Issues
- To determine service day, schedule a cart repair/replacement, schedule a bulk pick-up or to report a missed pick-up, please contact Waste Management at 1-800-800-5804.
- To report unresolved service issues, please contact The Woodlands Township Environmental Services Department at 281-210-3800.