The Woodlands Express Park and Ride
The Woodlands Express service provides a comfortable, convenient and economical way to commute. Destinations include the Texas Medical Center, Greenway Plaza, as well as the Central Business District of Houston. Scheduled service is provided Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. 2024 Holiday Schedule
Routes and Schedules
The Woodlands Express Park and Ride offers a variety of bus schedules from the three park and ride locations situated around The Woodlands community.
Overall system map:
- Downtown Route (English) ; (Spanish)
- Medical Center Route-Includes the Museum District (English) ; (Spanish)
- Greenway Plaza Route (English) ; (Spanish)
- Energy Corridor District Route (English) ; (Spanish)
- Research Forest Schedule
- Sawdust Schedule: Downtown-TMC-GW
- Sawdust Schedule: Energy Corridor District
- Sterling Ridge Schedule
The Museum District now included in Texas Medical Center route
Commuters from The Woodlands Park and Ride locations now have the option to access the Houston Museum District via any bus traveling the Texas Medical Center route, with eight morning trips to the heart of the Museum District and nine afternoon trips returning to The Woodlands.
Departure times for the Texas Medical Center and the Museum District route:
Sawdust: 6:10 a.m., 7:15 a.m.
Research Forest: 5:45 a.m., 6:15 a.m., 7:15 a.m.
Sterling Ridge: 5:25 a.m., 6:45 a.m.
Tickets may be purchased through The Woodlands Express Mobile Ticketing app or at any of the Park and Ride terminals. See the link below for more information on how to download and use the mobile ticketing app.
Park & Ride tickets are available at a cost of $13 round-trip and must be purchased in advance for this service as drivers do not accept cash. Buses are filled on a first come, first served basis and only stop at designated locations.
Please view Mobile ticketing for more information on how to purchase tickets electronically.
Park and Ride Lot Locations
The Woodlands Township operates three Park & Ride lots located conveniently around The Woodlands for your commuting convenience. For your safety the Park & Ride sites have security guards and security lighting. Gates open at 5 a.m. and are locked at 9 p.m.
Weather- Related Service Notices
During inclement weather events, schedule changes and service interruption notices can be found on our Twitter page @TownshipTransit. Sign up to get immediate notifications, or you can view the right side of this page to see them.
The Woodlands Express Policies
The Woodlands Township strives to maintain and operate a safe, efficient, and comfortable commute for all passengers of The Woodlands Express. For the safety and comfort of all persons who interact with the transit system, the Township has established this policy to address the conduct of persons using The Woodlands Express buses and facilities and matters related to mobile ticketing.
Passenger Code of Conduct
- Smoking is not permitted on any bus or inside Park and Ride terminals.
- Weapons or firearms are prohibited on buses except as permitted pursuant to state law.
- Only service animals are permitted on buses and in Park and Ride terminals.
- Loud and/or abusive behavior or language including profanity/racial or vulgar comments may be cause for immediate removal from the bus and possible loss of ridership privileges.
- Passengers may only bring carry-on items that will fit comfortably on their lap or above their seat and will not protrude into the next seat. Drivers cannot help load or unload items.
- The Township reserves the right to restrict certain items on all buses.
- Riding on buses under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs is prohibited.
- Music/movie playing devices are not permitted to be played aloud while on any bus without using earphones.
- The Township is not responsible for personal items left on the bus or in a Park and Ride terminal.
- Passengers must wear appropriate attire at all times, including a shirt and shoes.
- Mobile tickets should be activated and ready for validation just prior to boarding.
- Refrain from eating or drinking on the bus and have all drinks and food contained in spill-proof containers.
- Passengers must be 12 years old or older unless accompanied by an adult.
- Failure to conform with Code of Conduct may result in removal or suspension from The Woodlands Express as outlined in the Transit Suspension Procedures.
- Pull Away Policy
If you feel you have missed a bus, or need other assistance, please call the service number at (832) 851-3362.