June 25, 2022
The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park
6464 Creekside Forest Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77389
The Woodlands Township BioBlitz
Saturday, June 25, 2022
In celebration of National Pollinator Week, June 20-26, 2022, The Woodlands Township is hosting a one day, in-person BioBlitz at The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park. Stop by with the whole family between 8 – 11 a.m. and visit our nature specialists. Bring your mobile device to access the iNaturalist app and make as many observations as you can while exploring the recreation campus and the nearby George Mitchell Nature Preserve.
What is a BioBlitz?
A BioBlitz is a community effort to identify as many species as possible in one week. It provides a fun, informal opportunity for the public to learn together and share their enthusiasm for nature. Simply put – take a photo with the iNaturalist app and it will identify the plant, animal, or insect. The information collected contributes to a genuine scientific survey. It’s easy! Anyone can participate regardless of age or knowledge level.
How to Participate
1) Download the iNaturalist app onto your phone, tablet or computer and join our project "The Woodlands Township BioBlitz 2022."
Unfamiliar with iNaturalist? Watch a short tutorial at inaturalist.org and then head outside, take some photos of the insects, critters and plants you encounter, and then upload the photos to iNaturalist via the app or website.
2) Visit our friendly nature specialists on the patio of The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park between 8 – 11 a.m. on Saturday, June 25, 2022. They are available to help identify observations and assist with the iNaturalist app.
3) Make observations. Explore the natural world and capture photos of what you find with the iNaturalist app. You never know what you might discover!
Remember the following:
- Dress appropriately for your outdoor adventure. Long pants, sleeves and closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Bring a reusable water bottle. Water fountains are available on site.
- Don’t forget a phone with a full battery for making observation using iNaturalist.