THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (May 28, 2015) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular Board of Directors meeting Wednesday, May 27, 2015, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 6 p.m. The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov).
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors received a presentation from John Powers, Assistant General Manager for Community Services, asking the Board to approve the release of a Request For Proposal (RFP) for the development of a pedestrian and bicycle master plan for The Woodlands Township. The Board of Directors allocated funding in the 2015 Budget as a result of the 2015 budgeting process during which the Board received resident input/requests for pathway connectors to complete “gaps” in the pathway system, requests to develop trails in the George Mitchell Nature Preserve, and requests to develop bike lanes in the community. The RFP for professional services to prepare the master plan was drafted with input from the Bicycle Advisory Task Force and reviewed by the ad hoc Transportation Committee.
After discussion, the Board chose to move forward with release of the Request for Proposal with revisions to the language of the scope of work. The revised RFP will include a caveat that recommendations for the master plan should not impede driving traffic conditions or medians in The Woodlands. The selection of a firm for design services is anticipated to be presented to the Board for consideration in July.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Accepted the conveyance by Special Warranty Deed from CSPV Holdings, LLC, for a part of an Unrestricted Reserve “A,” Block 1 of The Woodlands Creekside Park Village Center, Section 6 – Creekside Green Village Park and related Access Easements.
- Approved a resolution to nominate The Woodlands Township Board of Directors Chairman, Bruce Tough, as a candidate for the upcoming election of the Montgomery Central Appraisal District’s Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Approved a resolution by the Investment Committee to adopt 2015 Investment Policies and Guidelines for The Woodlands Township.
- Received and accepted the April 2015 financial report for The Woodlands Township.
- Received and accepted an update on the progress of the Township Public Safety Camera/Wi-Fi System Consultant Study. A motion was accepted to further review the study’s final assessment at the Board of Directors Budget Workshops in August.
- Received and accepted a presentation from Jim Stinson representing The Woodlands Joint Powers Agency regarding a recent MUD public hearing regarding fluoride levels in drinking water.
- Received an overview of the Request for Proposals for the development of a pedestrian and bicycle master plan for The Woodlands Township.
- Deferred a presentation regarding the Bear Branch Park Master Plan – Business Plan and Operations related to The Woodlands Swim Team and Woodlands Master Swim Team aquatics proposal to a future Board of Directors meeting.
- Received and accepted an emergency preparedness briefing for the Township which provided an overview of the recent activities taken by The Woodlands Fire Department in preparation for the upcoming hurricane season.
- Received a presentation and discussed the Board’s appointment process for the Township's Board Committees as well as Township appointments to other boards or councils. After Board members discussed their concerns with the process, no further action was required to be taken.
- Received a report in relation to the Montgomery County Special Road Bond election. A resolution to the Montgomery County Commissioners Court concerning the future road bond election was presented and after discussion, a motion was accepted to hold a special Board of Directors meeting for further review of the resolution. A special meeting will be held at a future date to deliberate on the specific language of the resolution to ensure that all Board members have input before the final resolution is approved at a future Board of Directors meeting.
- Received and approved an amended interlocal agreement and related agreements with The Brazos Transit District for lease and operation of the three Park and Ride transportation facilities in The Woodlands.
- Deferred approval of an agreement with the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for development and use of an ice rink facility potentially to the June 18, 2015, Board of Directors meeting.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.