THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (June 15, 2015) – This hurricane season, The Woodlands Township encourages residents to stay connected to receive emergency related notifications. In addition, residents should monitor local news stations and stay safe.
To stay informed before, during and after an emergency, check The Woodlands Township website at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, as long as electric power and Internet access permit.
The Township also advises residents to utilize the additional resources below in developing their emergency preparedness plans:
• For emergency-specific information specific to The Woodlands, listen to K-Star Country, KVST 99.7 FM, the official emergency broadcast partner of The Woodlands Township.
• Sign up for the Township’s emergency notification system (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/notifyme) which is designed for major events that threaten citizens and reaches thousands of residents via text messages and email. In the event of a communitywide emergency, the Emergency Alert icon on the Township’s website home page will turn red and will blink “Active” as well as feature a webpage banner alert.
• Sign up for the Talk of the Township, a frequent newsletter from the Township, at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/notifyme.
• Follow The Woodlands Township on Facebook (/TheWoodlandsTownship) and on Twitter (@TheTownshipTX) for important up-to-date news alerts.
• Follow The Woodlands Township Transportation Department on Twitter (@TownshipTransit) for communications regarding The Woodlands Express Park and Ride commuter bus service notices, reminders, interruptions and other transit emergency notifications.
• For more emergency preparedness tips and information specific to The Woodlands, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/getready or www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/emergency.
• In the event all communication efforts fail, residents may go to one of The Woodlands’ eight fire stations for the latest updates. You can find out more about The Woodlands Fire Department and where the stations are located at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/firedepartment.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please call 281-210-3800 or visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.