THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (July 16, 2015) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular Board of Directors meeting Thursday, July 16, 2015, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 9 a.m. The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov).
Following a comprehensive update from State Senator Brandon Creighton and State Representative Mark Keough regarding the recent Texas legislative session, the Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received and approved the June 18, 2015, Regular Board Meeting and June 24, 2015, Regular Board Meeting minutes for the Board of Directors of The Woodlands Township.
- Received Administrative Reports for July 2015 from Community Services, Law Enforcement and Community Policing and The Woodlands Fire Department.
- Approved a right of way instrument with Entergy Texas, Inc. granting a utility easement to provide service at Gosling Sportsfields.
- Approved a Microsoft Enterprise Agreement allowing Township staff to purchase Microsoft Office 365 software.
- Approved the development of a garden that would incorporate elements of community, children’s and conservation garden at Wendtwoods Park within the budgeted $100,000 allocated in the 2015 Capital Improvement Budget.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted a presentation from Mark Castleschouldt, Chief Appraiser for the Montgomery Central Appraisal District (MCAD), regarding the background of appraisal districts and the role of the MCAD Board of Directors.
- Received and accepted 2016 budget funding request presentations from representatives from Interfaith of The Woodlands, South County YMCA and The Woodlands Area Economic Development Partnership. The budget requests will be considered at the Board of Directors Budget Workshops in August.
- Tabled an update and report on the Waterway Cruisers to the July 22, 2015, Board of Directors meeting.
- Tabled approval of the realignment of special events from The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau to The Woodlands Township to the July 22, 2015, Board of Directors meeting.
Following an executive session, no action was taken and the meeting was adjourned.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.