The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular Board of Directors meeting Thursday, Aug. 20, 2015, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 9 a.m. The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov).
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors approved an amended proposal from Alpha & Omega Services for 2016 Courtesy Mounted Patrol Services in the amount of $2,032,376, a 3 percent increase over the 2015 contracted amount. The scope of work included the current basic levels of service (808 weekly mounted patrol hours) as well as 40 additional weekly hours for support services. The proposal also included coverage of current patrol locations which include The Woodlands Mall, Market Street, Waterway Square, Pinecroft Centers I & II, Hughes Landing and commercial areas along the 242/I-45 Corridor. Additionally, Alpha & Omega provided a donation of up to 200 hours of mounted security annually for Township sponsored public events as directed by Township staff. The Board of Directors asked that staff obtain additional crime statistic data from various parts of The Woodlands to bring back to the Board for review before executing the five-year service agreement with Alpha & Omega Services.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
• Received and approved the July 16, 2015, Regular Board Meeting and July 22, 2015, Regular Board Meeting minutes for the Board of Directors of The Woodlands Township.
• Received Administrative Reports for August 2015 from Community Services and The Woodlands Fire Department.
• Received the Transportation Administrative Report for July 2015 from the ad hoc Transportation Committee.
• Accepted a conveyance by Special Warranty Deed from The Woodlands Land Development Company for Village of Creekside Park West Section 22, Restricted Open Space Reserve “E” and Village of Creekside Park Section 34, Restricted Open Space Reserves “A” and “C.”
• Awarded Hancock Pools, Inc., the bid to redeck the swimming pools at Falconwing Park and Ridgewood Park. Awarded Greater Houston Pool Management the bid to replaster the swimming pools at Falconwing Park and Ridgewood Park.
• Received and accepted the Excess Debt Service Tax Collections Report for the period July 1, 2014, through June 30, 2015, as certified by the Montgomery County Tax Assessor and Collector.
• Received and accepted a 2015-2016 Debt Service Collection Rate of 100 percent as certified by the Montgomery County Tax Assessor and Collector.
• Received and adopted a resolution of support for several proposed mobility projects contained in the Houston-Galveston Area Council (H-GAC) Transportation Improvement Program 2015 Call for Projects deemed important to The Woodlands Township. The Board directed the Township President/General Manager to file the resolution with H-GAC during the current public comment process.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
• Received the Administrative Report for August 2015 from Law Enforcement and Community Policing.
• Received and accepted a motion to approve an amended proposal from Alpha & Omega Services for the basic levels of service for 2016 Courtesy Mounted Patrol Services.
• Reviewed and discussed the Harris County Appraisal District Board of Directors election process. A motion was accepted to defer action until staff has approached the Board of the Creekside Village Association for any potential nominations. The agenda item will be brought back to the Board for review at a future Board of Directors meeting before the Oct. 15, 2015, nomination submission deadline.
Following an executive session, no action was taken and the meeting was adjourned.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.