THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (September 18, 2015) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular Board of Directors meeting Thursday, September 17, 2015, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 9 a.m. The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov).
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received and approved the August 3, 2015 Budget Workshop #1, August 4, 2015 Budget Workshop #2, August 5, 2015 Budget Workshop #3, August 20, 2015 Regular Board Meeting, and August 26, 2015 Regular Board Meeting minutes for the Board of Directors of The Woodlands Township
- Received Administrative Reports for September 2015 from Community Services, Law Enforcement and Community Policing and The Woodlands Fire Department.
- Received Transportation Administrative Report for August 2015 from the ad hoc Transportation Committee.
- Approved the BuyBoard purchase of a canopy shade structure to be installed for the fueling station at the PARDES campus on Millennium Forest Drive with funding allocated from the 2015 Parks Operations Vehicle Fuel budget.
- Accepted a conveyance by Special Warranty Deed from The Woodlands Land Development Company for Village of Creekside Park West, Section 13, Restricted Open Space Reserve “B” and Village of Creekside Park, Section 10, Restricted Open Space Reserves “A,” “B” and “D.”
- Approved a proclamation declaring Tuesday, October 6, 2015, as National Night Out in The Woodlands Township.
- Approved a proclamation declaring October 2015 to be International Walk to School Month in The Woodlands Township.
- Adopted Resolution 013-15 authorizing the Township President/General Manager to provide immediate notice to the applicable Emergency Services Districts (ESDs) of annexation of various tracts of land into the Township and exclusion of same from those ESDs.
- Authorized several amendments to The Woodlands Township Pay Structure as proposed in the 2016 Budget and authorized a 2.25 percent salary adjusment for Township employees effective January 1, 2016.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted a presentation from Harris County Precinct 4 Commissioner Jack Cagle regarding several propositions that will appear on the November 2015 Election ballot.
- Received information pertaining to the Township’s Property and Liability Insurance renewal policies for the period of October 1, 2015 through October 1, 2016. Staff was directed to inquire about an extension to provide Board Members adequate time to review policies before renewal. No further action was necessary.
- Received and accepted an update for the November 3, 2015, Montgomery County Bond Election.
- Accepted a motion to not support the November 2015 Montgomery County Bond Election.
- Accepted a motion to approve and authorize the Township President/General Manager to execute and deliver all reasonable and necessary closing documentation in accordance with the executed Purchase and Sale Agreement (and ancillary documents and agreements associated therewith) reasonably required in order for The Woodlands Township to acquire 11.65 acres and buildings containing approximately 100,000 sq. ft., known as 9669 Lake Woodlands Drive located on the southwest corner of Grogan’s Mill Road and Lake Woodlands Drive from GE Betz, Inc. The Board also authorized the Township President/General Manager to execute a lease agreement in the form attached to the Purchase and Sale Agreement whereby GE Betz, Inc., will lease from the Township the subject property for a term of 18 months following the closing of the transaction.
Immediately following the regular meeting, The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a strategic planning session, which is also available for viewing on The Woodlands Township website. At this meeting, the Board took the following actions:
- Received a presentation from Jeff Gerber with the PGAL Firm on Township-requested concept plan for a performing arts facility on the top level of the originally proposed transit center/parking garage. The Board of Directors discussed the need for a cultural arts needs assessment study and directed the Ad Hoc Economic Development Committee to bring a recommendation for the study forward to the Board for future consideration.
- Reviewed and discussed revisions to The Woodlands Township Meeting Room Policy and the related Election Policy. The Board directed staff to revise the proposed policy based on the discussion and bring back to the Board at the September 23, 2015, Board of Directors meeting for further action.
- Discussed a potential Communication Policy to regulate the Board of Directors’ submittal of correspondence to the press or others regarding opinions on issues, and the use of Township titles in such correspondence. No action was taken.
- Discussed several Transportation initiatives that were removed during the final adoption of the 2016 Consolidated Budget. The Board directed staff to provide the results of a recent transit study to aid in the decision-making process regarding the transportation projects. The agenda item will be revisited at a future meeting.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.