THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (September 24, 2015) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular Board of Directors meeting Wednesday, September 23, 2015, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 6 p.m. The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov).
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors received a presentation from Thomas Gray representing the Houston-Galveston Area Council regarding the final draft of the South County Mobility Plan. The purpose of the plan was to develop a transportation system that would accommodate existing and future mobility needs throughout the area. Several short-term and long-term mobility improvements were recommended for consideration including the development of new bicycle/pedestrian routes. The Board of Directors requested H-GAC representatives to return with additional information regarding potential partners to assist in financing the recommended projects at a future Board meeting. The Draft South County Mobility Plan can be viewed on the Township’s Transportation webpage at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/transportation.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received and accepted a Corporate Authorization Resolution from Independent Bank regarding a one-year Certificate of Deposit investment.
- Approved a short-term extension of an Interlocal Agreement between The Woodlands Township and Brazos Transit District while a restructured agreement is drafted defining the responsibilities of each party regarding Park and Ride Transportation Services.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and filed a report from representing representative of the Houston-Galveston Area Council regarding the final draft of the South County Mobility Plan.
- Received and accepted a briefing from representatives from the San Jacinto River Authority regarding the surface water delivery system.
- Received and accepted the August 2015 financial report for The Woodlands Township.
- Approved the renewal of the Township’s Property and Liability Insurance policies for the period of October 1, 2015 through October 1, 2016.
- Accepted a staff recommendation to award the bid for park and pathway maintenance and all-weather turf services to The Brickman Group, LTD., in the amount of $2,235,062 per year and authorized the Township President/General Manager to execute a necessary contract for a three-year term with two options to extend the contract for one-year periods. The maintenance contract includes 133 parks, 210 miles of pathway, 360 jumbo cul-de-sac islands and intracts and 1,371 small cul-de-sac islands, eight fire stations, the Emergency Training Center, the Parks, Recreation and Environmental Services campus, The Woodlands Recreation Center, Town Hall and the specialized maintenance of six all-weather turf sport fields.
- Approved a resolution with amendments in support of Montgomery County’s creation of a committee to study the potential use of vote centers for future elections. The final resolution does not include specific names of members or organizations, but encourages the County Commissioners to include representatives from all areas of Montgomery County in their committee.
- Received and filed a report regarding the Harris County Appraisal District election. In August, the Board directed staff to contact the Creekside Park Village Association to determine interest in having the Township Board nominate a Creekside Park (Harris County) resident as a candidate for election to HCAD representing Conservation and Reclamation Districts. At this time, there is no recommendation from the Creekside Park Village Association regarding a nomination.
Following an executive session, the Board of Directors took the following actions:
- Took no action on revisions to the Township Meeting Room Policy and the related Election Policy regarding use of the Town Hall facility for candidate forums.
- Took no action on a request by the Voter Awareness Council, a nonpartisan voter education organization, to host a Township Board Election candidate forum in the Township’s Board Chambers.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.