THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (October 7, 2015) – The 10th Annual Memorial Hermann 10 for Texas 10-mile road race is set for Saturday, October 10, 2015, beginning at 7 a.m.. On this day, up to 3,100 runners will race through The Woodlands, as they make their way to the finish line in Market Street.
To ensure runner and spectator safety, Montgomery County Sheriff's Office will be responsible for closing and re-opening lanes. There will be deputy officers at every intersection along the race route. The officers will allow cars through when there is a safe opportunity. Please allow extra time if you have somewhere to be on Race Day.
2015 Lane Closures:
The outside lane of the following streets will be closed to automobile traffic from 6 to 10:30 a.m. to accommodate runners:
- Six Pines Drive: southbound, Lake Woodlands Drive to Riva Row
- Riva Row: westbound, Six Pines Drive to Grogan's Mill Road
The inside lane of the following streets will be closed to automobile traffic from 6 to 10:30 a.m. to accommodate runners:
- Grogan’s Mill Road: northbound, Riva Row to Lake Woodlands Drive
- Lake Woodlands Drive: westbound, Grogan's Mill Road to Cochran's Crossing Drive
- Lake Woodlands Drive: eastbound, Cochran's Crossing Drive to Six Pines Drive
If you plan to travel on Race Day morning, please allow yourself extra time. Traffic flow is estimated to be interrupted for 15 to 20 minutes until 10:30 a.m. To view current route maps, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/index.aspx?NID=709
For more information, please call the dedicated traffic hotline at 281-210-2099 for traffic-related questions. This number will be answered 24 hours a day. Inquiries may also be emailed to email@example.com.