THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (October 23, 2015) – The Woodlands Township is currently monitoring the potential for significant weather conditions in The Woodlands. The Township is providing a variety of ways for community members to stay informed on weather and traffic conditions as well as cancellations of Township and The Woodlands Township Convention and Visitors Bureau events.
The Woodlands Township encourages residents to prepare for expected storm impacts including heavy rainfall and localized flooding between Saturday, October 24, 2015, and Monday, October 26, 2015. Residents are also advised to monitor the following agency websites and social media channels to stay informed over the weekend:
- Monitor the Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management website (www.mctxoem.org) for information regarding road closures throughout Montgomery County.
- Monitor the Harris County Office of Emergency Management website (www.hcoem.org) for information regarding road closures throughout Harris County.
- Follow The National Weather Service Houston/Galveston TX on Twitter (@NWSHouston) for additional information on weather forecasts, watches and warnings.
- Monitor the Houston TransStar website (www.houstontranstar.org) for detailed reports of traffic conditions throughout the region.
- Follow Montgomery County Northstar on Twitter (@MCTXNorthstar) for live traffic information for Montgomery County Precinct 3.
Residents are reminded to take safety precautions when traveling this weekend to avoid driving into high water as water may be deeper than it appears and can hide many hazards. Residents should remove any objects outside the home that could float away and obstruct storm drains; this includes trash and recycling containers.
In the event of an emergency, please stay tuned to local television stations as well as K-Star Country, KVST 99.7 FM, the official emergency broadcast partner of The Woodlands Township.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please call 281-210-3800 or visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.