THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (November 17, 2015) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a special Board of Directors meeting Monday, November 16, 2015, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 4 p.m. The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov).
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a public hearing during the meeting regarding a petition from The Woodlands Development Company for the annexation of two tracts in the Village of Creekside Park. The Township gained the authority to annex these parcels through the first amendment to its Regional Participation Agreement with the City of Houston in 2010. The two tracts total approximately 12.7 acres of land planned for single family residential development; the tracts are surrounded by other residential lands within Township boundaries in the far southwest portion of the Village of Creekside Park. There were no comments from the public regarding the petition and the Board of Directors adopted an order annexing the two parcels and redefining the boundaries of The Woodlands Township.
The Board of Directors also accepted final canvass reports from both Harris County and Montgomery County election offices for the Directors Election held within The Woodlands Township November 3, 2015. The Board declared the new Directors to be John McMullan, Position 5; Ann Snyder, Position 6; and Laura Fillault, Position 7. Official election results can be found on the Township website at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/election. The new Directors will be administered Oaths of Office and be seated at the November 18, 2015, Board of Directors Meeting.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received and approved the October 22, 2015, Regular Board Meeting and the October 28, 2015, Regular Board Meeting minutes for the Board of Directors of The Woodlands Township.
- Received Administrative Reports for November 2015 for Community Services and The Woodlands Fire Department.
- Accepted a conveyance by Special Warranty Deed from The Woodlands Land Development Company for Creekside Park West, Section 5, Portion of Restricted Open Space Reserve A and Restricted Reserve D; Section 6, Portion of Restricted Reserve C; and Creekside Park West, Pine Plans Reserves, Portion of Restricted Reserve A.
- Approved a Memorandum of Agreement with Timarron Lakes Community Association, Inc., for the provision of enhanced landscape improvements and maintenance of the neighborhood entrance.
- Awarded the bid for 2016 community swimming pool and fountain chemicals to Progressive Commercial Aquatics.
- Adopted the Conroe-The Woodlands UZA Transit Advisory Committee’s resolution to amend the membership bylaws regarding meeting attendance by appointees and appointment of replacement members in the event an appointee cannot attend stated meetings.
- Awarded a bid to Cannon Enterprises for Town Hall improvements including office expansion and HVAC replacement.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Adopted Order 016-15 adding land to and redefining the boundaries of The Woodlands Township.
- Adopted Order 017-15 ratifying and confirming the addition of land to and redefining the boundaries of The Woodlands Township Economic Development Zone.
- Received a briefing on the Board Officer nomination process for the Officer election, which will take place during the November 18, 2015, Board of Directors meeting.
- Adopted Order 019-15 canvassing the returns and declaring the results of the Directors Election held within The Woodlands Township November 3, 2015.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.