THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (March 24, 2016) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its monthly meeting Wednesday, March 23, 2016, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 6 p.m. The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov).
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received and approved the February 18, 2016, Board Planning Sessions and February 24, 2016, Regular Board Meeting minutes for the Board of Directors of The Woodlands Township.
- Received Administrative Reports for March 2016 from Community Services, Law Enforcement and Community Policing and The Woodlands Fire Department.
- Approved a proclamation declaring Saturday, April 9, 2016, as “The Woodlands Earth Day Community Stewardship Project and Celebration” and April 2016 as “Earth Month” in The Woodlands, Texas.
- Awarded Lake Pro, Inc., the bid for lake and pond maintenance services for a period of 43 months effective June 2016 (C-2016-0041).
- Approved and ratified an extension of the Second Extension of Interlocal Agreement with Brazos Transit District to April 1, 2016 (C-2016-0113).
- Received information regarding TheWoodlands311 mobile app which enables residents to communicate with Township staff for service requests. The app will be available for free download in the Apple App Store and Google Play beginning March 28, 2016.
Public hearings for comments were held before taking the following actions:
- Approved the implementation of a $1.00 round trip fare increase for The Woodlands Express Park and Ride Service effective May 2, 2016.
- Received a presentation from the Houston Galveston Area Council regarding the Montgomery County Thoroughfare Plan and certain projects contained within the South County Mobility Plan.
The Board of Directors then took the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received the March 2016 Administrative Report for Transportation.
- Approved a Special Event Permit for the Shootout for Soldiers – Texas lacrosse tournament proposed to run from 9 a.m. Friday, July 8, through 10 p.m. Saturday, July 9, 2016, at the Gosling Sportsfields.
- Approved the release of a Request for Proposals (RFP) for Ice Rink Production Services with a modification (C-2016-0100). A motion was accepted to remove verbiage in the RFP relating to experience with special purpose districts, political subdivisions or municipalities. Submitted proposals will be brought to the Board for review and award.
- Approved an Agreement of Inclusion and Certificate of Inclusion related to the bald eagle and conveyance of One Lake’s Edge Kayak Kiosk.
- Received an update from the World Triathlon Corporation/Ironman representatives on the status of 2016 Ironman Texas, scheduled for May 14, 2016, and related issues regarding the bicycle segment routes and approvals to use the roadways.
- Received a presentation from Constable Gable regarding Internet crime and Children Safe Harbor initiatives. The Board directed Constable Gable to assess department needs and bring recommendations to the April 21, 2016, Board of Directors meeting for consideration.
- Received a report related to matters involving The Woodlands Express and The Woodlands Town Center Trolley System including highlights of operations, ridership and performance.
- Received and accepted the financial report for the two months ending February 29, 2016.
- Approved a recommendation to select Gallagher Benefits Services for consulting and brokerage services for employee health and welfare benefits for three years commencing May 1, 2016, and continuing until May 1, 2019 (C-2016-0036).
- Reviewed a proposal from Premier Soccer Services for a three-year host venue sponsorship agreement for the Copa Rayados International youth soccer tournament to be held Nov. 23-27, 2016, at all three Township sports field complexes. A motion was accepted to allow the President / General Manager to negotiate an agreement with the organization and use Hotel Occupancy Tax dollars to offset the cost of the field use fees.
- Received a report from The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau regarding the selection of a company for the acquisition and operation of the Waterway Cruisers.
- Approved the release of a Request for Proposals for the Residential Survey used to obtain resident opinions of The Woodlands Township and its programs and services. Submitted proposals will be brought to the Board for review and award as well as the determination of the actual survey itself.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov,
or call 281-210-3800.