THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (April 22, 2016) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting Thursday, April 21, 2016, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 9 a.m. The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov).
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Accepted Administrative Reports for March 2016 from Community Services, Transportation and The Woodlands Fire Department.
- Approved the purchase of 75 replacement Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus units for The Woodlands Fire Department.
- Approved the purchase of a 2017 Pierce Velocity PUC pumper from Siddons-Martin Emergency Group, LLC, the authorized local dealer, for The Woodlands Fire Department.
- Authorized the Assistant general manager – Finance and Administration to sign and submit Montgomery County Appraisal District’s Request for Verification of Exemption Information for Use on the 2016 Notices of Appraised Value and 2016 Assessment Rolls reflecting no change in the Township’s optional homestead, over 65 and disability exemptions for the 2016 tax year.
- Approved a draft Request for Proposals for a Park and Ride Mobile Ticketing System (C-2016-0045) and authorized staff to advertise the solicitation.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Requested revisions to the March 23, 2016, Regular Board Meeting minutes for the Board of Directors of The Woodlands Township, which will be brought forward at a future Board meeting for consideration and approval.
- Accepted the March 2016 Administrative Report for Law Enforcement and Community Policing.
- Authorized the President/General Manager to execute the Third Modification of Lease Agreement with The Woodlands Development Company for the RV storage lot located at 1128 Pruitt Road.
- Received a presentation regarding a draft policy for the naming of public property of The Woodlands Township. The Board directed staff to redraft the document as guidelines, rather than a policy, and to adjust the language regarding recognition/commemorative naming sponsorship and public-private partnership naming provisions. The revised guidelines will be included on the agenda for the April 27, 2016, Board of Directors meeting.
- Reviewed and made revisions to the draft Residential Survey questionnaire. The survey is conducted approximately every two years for purposes of obtaining resident opinions of Township services and for use as a budgeting and planning tool. The revised survey instrument and recommendation of selected consultant will be presented by staff at the April 27, 2016, Board of Directors meeting.
- Deferred a report regarding operations and performance information for The Woodlands Express and The Woodlands Town Center Trolley System to the April 27, 2016, Board of Directors meeting.
- Deferred a quarterly update from The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau regarding the organization’s 2016 objectives and strategies to the April 27, 2016, Board of Directors meeting.
Following an executive session, no action was taken and the meeting was adjourned.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.