THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (May 19, 2016) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting Thursday, May 19, 2016, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 9 a.m.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received and approved the March 23, 2016, April 21, 2016, and April 27, 2016, Regular Board Meeting minutes for the Board of Directors of The Woodlands Township.
- Accepted Administrative Reports for April 2016 from Community Services, Transportation and The Woodlands Fire Department.
- Authorized the President/General Manager to proceed with the proposed maintenance plan for Bear Branch Pool, which sustained considerable damage as a result of the April 18, 2016, storm. The Board also authorized the President/General Manger to implement the Revised 2016 Pool Schedule due to the closure of Bear Branch Pool.
- Accepted a report from the Township’s Transit Program Manager regarding operations and performance information for The Woodlands Express and The Woodlands Town Center Trolley System for April 2016.
The Board of Directors then took the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Authorized staff to release a Request for Proposal for depository, banking and merchant services for a five year period. Submitted proposals will be brought to the Board for review and award at the July 27, 2016, Board of Directors meeting.
Following an executive session, no action was taken and the meeting was adjourned.
Immediately following the regular meeting, The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a special strategic planning session. At this meeting, the Board received a review of the proposed 2017 Budget Objectives in preparation for the upcoming Budget process. The Board of Directors will hold a series of Budget Workshops beginning August 15, 2016, with final adoption of a budget and tax rate prior to October 1, 2016.
Both meetings can be watched on video on The Woodlands Township website. For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.