THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (June 16, 2016) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting Thursday, June 16, 2016, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 9 a.m.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received and approved the May 19, 2016, Regular Board Meeting, May 19, 2016, Board Planning Session and May 25, 2016, Regular Board Meeting minutes for the Board of Directors of The Woodlands Township.
- Received Administrative Reports for June 2016 from Community Services, Law Enforcement and Community Policing, Transportation and The Woodlands Fire Department.
- Accepted a temporary pathway easement that will provide public access to and from the Waterway and the East Shore area to the Town Center and community pathway system.
- Approved a proclamation recognizing July as Parks and Recreation month in The Woodlands.
- Awarded a bid for tree lighting and maintenance services to The Christmas Light Company and authorized the President/General Manager to execute any necessary agreement as approved to form by the Township Attorney.
- Approved additional services per the Park and Pathway Maintenance Contract with The Brickman Group for the installation of an under grass grid and drainage system at Town Green Park.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Approved a recommendation to select Spectrum Catering, Concession and Events for Ice Rink Production Services (C-2016-100) for a term of three years and authorized the President/General Manager to execute a service agreement per approval to form by the Township Attorney.
- Approved a request from Houston Technology Center for a Letter of Support regarding a grant proposal for the Innovators in the Woods program.
- Received a review of Public Comment guidelines under the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Accepted a motion to appoint Chairman Ed Robb, or his designee and Township President/General Manager Don Norrell, or his designee, to serve on Montgomery County Commissioner Noack’s Transportation Task Force. Directors who are interested in serving on the Task Force were advised to contact Chairman Robb for consideration.
Follow an executive session, no action was taken and the meeting was adjourned.
The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website. For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.