THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (July 21, 2016) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting Thursday, July 21, 2016, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 9 a.m.
Before the start of the meeting, The Woodlands Township Board of Directors recognized local law enforcement officials to show appreciation for their dedication and service to the community. The Board of Directors then took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received and approved the June 16, 2016, Regular Board Meeting and June 22, 2016, Regular Board Meeting minutes for the Board of Directors of The Woodlands Township.
- Received Administrative Reports for July 2016 from Community Services, Law Enforcement and Community Policing, Transportation and The Woodlands Fire Department.
- Approved the First Amended and Restated Transition Interlocal Agreement with Brazos Transit District for park and ride operations as recommended by the Federal Transit Administration.
- Approved a Second Addendum to the Township’s contract with First Class Tours for park and ride services as recommended by the Federal Transit Administration.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Tabled the release of a Request for Proposals (RFP) to update the Bear Branch Park Master Plan to the August 24, 2016, Board of Directors meeting.
- Received and accepted a presentation by Mark Castleschouldt, Chief Appraiser for the Montgomery Central Appraisal District, regarding the appraisal process for commercial and residential properties within The Woodlands Township.
- Received and accepted the draft Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan as presented by Jones and Carter and provided input regarding the plan. A motion was accepted advising staff to prepare a list of proposed projects for consideration as budget initiatives during the Board of Directors Budget Workshops in August. The Board also approved the solicitation of additional public input on the proposed plan and recommendations through an online public comment survey that will be available in September. The final draft of the Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan will be brought to the Board for consideration in August.
- Received and accepted 2017 budget funding request presentations from representatives from Interfaith of The Woodlands, South County YMCA, The Woodlands Area Economic Development Partnership and Senior Rides/Meals on Wheels. The budget requests will be considered at the Board of Directors Budget Workshops in August.
- Deferred a presentation on Law Enforcement services in The Woodlands to the Board of Directors Budget Workshops in August.
- Tabled a FY2017 agreement by and between The Woodlands Township and Montgomery County Committee on Aging, Inc., d/b/a Senior Rides, for the provision of limited eligibility demand-response transportation services for the elderly and disabled to the July 27, 2016, Board of Directors meeting.
- Tabled the authorization of a Request for Qualifications to solicit proposals from firms specializing in municipal law to the July 27, 2016, Board of Directors meeting.
- Tabled the authorization of a Request for Qualifications to solicit proposals from engineering firms specializing in traffic impact analysis to the July 27, 2016, Board of Directors meeting.
- Deferred a report from the Township’s Transit Program Manager regarding operations and performance information for The Woodlands Express and The Woodlands Town Center Trolley System to the Board of Directors Budget Workshops in August.
Following an executive session, no action was taken and the meeting was adjourned.
The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website. For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.