THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (July 29, 2016) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting Wednesday, July 27, 2016, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 6 p.m.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Approved a proclamation declaring Tuesday, August 2, 2016, as National Night Out in The Woodlands Township.
- Approved a proclamation in recognition of the Destination Imagination team for The Academy of Science Technology at The Woodlands College Park High School being named global champions in their division.
- Approved a proclamation in recognition of The Woodlands High School Highlanders Football Team winning the 2016 State 7-on-7 Division 1 Championship.
- Awarded a bid for depository, banking and merchant services (C-2016-0199).
- Approved and authorized the execution of a Joint Election Agreement with Montgomery County, Texas and possibly other jurisdictions in Montgomery County, Texas.
- Approved and authorized the execution of an Election Services Agreement with both Montgomery County, Texas, and Harris County, Texas.
- Received and accepted a 2016-2017 Anticipated Debt Service Collection Rate of 100 percent and the Excess Debt Service Tax Collections Report for the period July 1, 2015, through June 30, 2016, as certified by the Montgomery County Tax Assessor and Collector.
- Adopted revisions to the Township’s policy to meet Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 transit-related requirements as recommended by the Federal Transit Administration.
- Approved an agreement by and between The Woodlands Township and Montgomery County Committee on Aging, Inc., d/b/a Senior Rides, for the provision of limited eligibility demand-response transportation services for the elderly and disabled.
- Approved a First Amendment to the Lease Agreement with GE Betz, Inc. for the 11.65 acres of real property at the southwest corner of Grogan’s Mill Road and Lake Woodlands Drive.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Discussed matters relating to the Economic Development Partnership’s 2017 budget funding request, which will be continued during the Township’s workshops in August.
- The Board of Directors tabled the agenda item regarding meeting rules and procedures.
- Authorized the release of a Request for Qualifications to solicit proposals from firms specializing in municipal law to address incorporation issues that may arise over the course of the agreement.
- Authorized Township representatives to the Montgomery County Precinct 3 Transportation Advisory Council to enter into discussion with Commissioner James Noack and representatives from The Woodlands Road Utility District regarding conducting a joint traffic analysis study including origin and destination information, and return to the Township Board with a recommendation.
- Approved a three-year Host Venue Sponsorship Agreement between The Woodlands Township and The Woodlands Marathon Management, LLC, for The Woodlands Marathon.
- Received and accepted a quarterly update regarding Law Enforcement services.
- Received and accepted the June 2016 financial report for The Woodlands Township.
- Adopted an Order Calling Directors Election for an election to be held November 8, 2016, for the purpose of electing four members to the Board of Directors of the Township. The order also specifies that notice of the election will be given by posting and designates the President/General Manager as the Township’s Election Agent.
- Received and accepted a quarterly update from The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau regarding the organization’s objectives and strategies.
The Woodlands Township Board also met in Executive Session and took action to approve the form of subordination agreement as presented to the Board, with a term of two years, as such agreement relates to 3 Rain Fern Court, allowing the Township to move forward with required maintenance and repairs, and potential foreclosure on the property with Wells Fargo subordinating their mortgage rights to all Township liens and authorize the President and General Manager to execute and deliver said agreement. The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website. For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Photo: The Woodlands Township Board of Directors honored The Woodlands High School football team with a proclamation to celebrate becoming the State 7-on-7 Division I Champions for 2016.