THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (August 26, 2016) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting Wednesday, August 24, 2016, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 6 p.m.
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a public hearing during the meeting regarding proposed amendments to Township Park Rules, Park Reservation Fees and the Special Event Policy and Procedures. During previous meetings this year, the Board of Directors analyzed a number of policies and procedures relating to certain aspects of special events and their impact to the community. Proposed changes included, but were not limited to, the restriction of commercial events to Town Green Park, Gosling Sportfields, Bear Branch Sportsfields and Alden Bridge Sports Park; the adoption of commercial and nonprofit/resident Special Event Permit Fees; the implementation of enforceable guidelines for amplified sound in Township parks; and the stipulation that no public road or lane shall be closed for more than four hours, except for those events that are Township events and/or have an agreement with the Township.
After receiving comments from the public regarding the recommended changes, the Board of Directors accepted a motion to approve the proposed amendments to Township Orders 019-09 and 020-09 as well as the proposed revisions to the Township’s Special Events Policy and Procedures, to be effective March 1, 2017.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Accepted a conveyance by Special Warranty Deed from The Woodlands Land Development Company for Creekside Park Section 38, Reserve A; Section 39, Reserves A, C, D and E; Section 40, Reserves A and B; and, all related fences, alleys and associated improvements.
- Approved a waterline easement with Montgomery County Municipal Utility District No. 46 and authorized the Township President/General Manager to execute the easement as approved to form by the Township Attorney.
- Authorized the Township President/General Manager to negotiate and execute an Amendment to the Professional Services Agreement with Jones and Carter to include a scope of services that provides technical assistance and related services for the preparation of a grant application to the Houston-Galveston Area Council for the 2017 Transportation Improvement Program.
- Authorized staff to release a Request for Proposals to update the Bear Branch Park Master Plan, which will review all aspects of indoor and outdoor recreation amenities, inclusive of aquatics programming (C-2016-0375).
The Board of Directors then took the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted a recommendation from the Audit Committee to accept the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and the Report on Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards for The Woodlands Township for the year ending December 31, 2015.
- Received and accepted a presentation from Deborah Sargeant, Chairman of the Development Standards Committee, regarding conditional approvals for the St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church expansion. The Board directed staff to work with the Woodlands Joint Powers Agency and Municipal Utility District No. 46 regarding reforestation efforts directly behind the residential properties along the drainage easement.
- Adopted administrative guidelines regarding the use of amplified sound in Township parks for special events and approved their inclusion in revisions to Township Order 019-09 and the Special Events Policy and Procedures.
- Approved the release for an Invitation to Bid for exit driveway improvements at Bear Branch Park and The Woodlands Township Recreation Center. The Board deferred the Parking Lot Improvement Project, which includes expanding the current parking lot at Bear Branch Park, until the park’s Master Plan has been updated.
- Received and accepted the July 2016 financial report for The Woodlands Township.
Following an executive session, no action was taken and the meeting was adjourned.
The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website. For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.