THE WOODLANDS, TX (September 16, 2016) – The Woodlands® Development Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Howard Hughes Corporation® (NYSE: HHC), will host The Woodlands Wildflower Festival, a free, popular community tradition on Saturday, September 24, 2016 from 10am - 2pm at Town Green Park in The Woodlands Town Center. The Woodlands Development Company is the host of The Woodlands Wildflower Festival. CHI St. Luke’s Health is the presenting sponsor. BrightView Landscaping Services is a participating sponsor while The Woodlands Township is the park sponsor.
Visitors at The Woodlands Wildflower Festival will enjoy environmental exhibits, community booths and nature-related items. Free giant inflatable rides, petting zoo, face painting, balloon art and music will also highlight the event. Lovable mascot of The Woodlands, Puffy Pine Cone®, along with mascot friends including Bridgeland Bill® from Bridgeland®, The Woodlands’ sister community being developed by The Howard Hughes Corporation, will make special guest appearances from 11am - 12 noon. Two food trucks - Cousins Maine Lobster and Papa John’s Pizza - will be available at the event. Cash and credit cards will be accepted.
The official Wildflower Festival poster and recycled bag, selected from the annual Wildflower Festival contest, will be on sale at the booth of The Woodlands Lions Club. Proceeds from the sales benefit Lions Club charities. The Lions Club provides community and national services for youth and senior citizens including programs for the blind and visually impaired as well as programs for hearing and speech.
Residents will be able to collect 25 varieties of free wildflower seeds, distributed by local businesses in The Woodlands. The wildflower seed sponsors and the seeds they will distribute are:
- Baby Blue Eyes – Ray Larson Real Estate Group with RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
- Baby’s Breath – Kurk Homes - Custom Builders
- Black-Eyed Susan – The Becky Drake Team with RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
- California Poppy – The Hanson Team - Better Homes and Gardens Gary Greene
- Catchfly – Interfaith of The Woodlands
- Cornpoppy –The Brownstone Group with Keller Williams The Woodlands & Magnolia and Cherry Creek Mortgage
- Cornflower – Community Insurance Associates -Kenny Speight Agency
- Cosmos – Buckalew Chevrolet
- Crimson Clover – The Woodlands Dermatology Associates
- Drummond Phlox – Avanti Senior Living – Vision Park
- Dwarf Red Plains Coreopsis – CHI St. Luke’s Health
- Gloria (Pink) Cosmos – Boni’s Dance & Performing Arts Studio, Inc.
- Johnny Jump Up – Black Walnut Café
- Lemon Mint – The Woodlands Cleaners
- Mountain Garland – Ed Jones “Just Happy to be Here”
- Plains Coreopsis – Woodforest National Bank
- Rocket Larkspur – The Woodlands Township
- Scarlet Flax – BrightView Landscape Services
- Scarlet Sage – Great American Title Company
- Showy Primrose – Henry J. Daniels & Jason Stanfield
- Sweet Alyssum –Cadence Bank
- Tail Poppy Mallow – Harvard Risk Management
- Texas Bluebonnet – The Woodlands Development Company
- Toadflax – The Woodlands College Park Leo Club
- Yellow Cosmos – The Woodlands Lions Club
For more information, visit us at www.thewoodlands.com, and like us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.