THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (September 30, 2016) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting Wednesday, September 28, 2016, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 6 p.m.
During the meeting, The Woodlands Township Board of Directors approved the purchase of real property from the YMCA of Greater Houston, specifically the building formally known as The Woodlands Family YMCA at Creekside, and all other improvements and structures constructed on the land located at 6464 Creekside Forest Drive in The Woodlands, Texas, for $4.5 million. The Board authorized the Township President/General Manager and Legal Counsel to work through the final form of the sales contract and agreement terms with the YMCA.
In other business, the Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Approved a proclamation recognizing October as International Walk to School Month in The Woodlands, Texas.
- Approved a Signage and Sponsorship Agreement with Woodforest National Bank in the amount of $500,000 to support the construction of the boathouse at Northshore Park in exchange for signage rights on the facility. The Board authorized the Township President/General Manager to execute the final agreement as approved to final form by the Township Attorney.
- Approved lease agreements with The Rowing Club of The Woodlands and Parati Competitive Rowing to utilize the new boathouse at Northshore Park. The Board authorized the Township President/General Manager to execute the final lease agreements as approved to final form by the Township Attorney.
The Board of Directors then took the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Approved the First Amendment to the Trolley Interlocal Agreement with Brazos Transit District to more clearly reflect the responsibilities in the provision of Complementary ADA Paratransit services.
- Received and accepted a presentation from Deborah Sargeant, Chairman of the Development Standards Committee, regarding the St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church expansion reforestation plan. The first phase will be performed this fall/winter during optimum planting season and the second phase will be performed toward the end of the construction phase so that plantings are strategically located to provide the best possible buffer. The Board also received an update regarding the Township’s request to Municipal Utility District No. 47 to allow vegetation plantings directly behind the residential properties along the drainage easement. The MUD Board directed Woodlands Joint Powers Agency staff to review the Township’s request and report back at the MUD Board’s next meeting in October.
- Discussed matters relating to roadway noise concerns raised by residents who live in the area of Gosling Road from Woodlands Parkway to Flintridge. The Board accepted a motion directing staff to perform decibel readings along specified impacted property lines to determine future Township action regarding the noise concerns.
- Awarded a bid to Houscape for the renovation of Northshore Park and awarded a bid to Frost Construction for the construction of the Rowing Facility. The Board authorized the Township President/General Manager to execute construction agreements as deemed necessary and approved to form by the Township attorney.
- Tabled a presentation regarding the 2011 PSA/EPS Woodlands Incorporation Study/Financial Model and Results.
- Received and accepted the August 2016 financial report for The Woodlands Township.
- Tabled the approval of a final agreement with Gensler for the Cultural Arts Feasibility Study pending recommended changes to the contract verbiage. The revised agreement will be included on the agenda for October 20, 2016, Board of Director’s meeting.
- Accepted a motion authorizing staff to move forward with contract negotiations with National Research Center for the 2016 Residential Survey. The Board directed staff to include verbiage directing the consultant to return to the Board with final dataset results to assess the need to distribute more surveys.
- Approved the implementation of reverse commute operations for The Woodlands Express in an effort to increase ridership and revenues. The service consists of passenger trips originating in downtown Houston and arriving in The Woodlands weekday mornings and returning passengers to downtown Houston in the afternoon and early evening.
- Approved the implementation of Phase II of The Woodlands Waterway Trolley service pilot program to serve as the 2016 Holiday Shuttle Express program, beginning November 19, 2016. Phase II enhances the existing service by adding an additional trolley for a total of three vehicles operating during peak hours.
- Received and accepted a presentation on The Woodlands Township’s response to after-hours service calls.
The entire meeting can be watched on video at The Woodlands Township website. For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.