THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (December 15, 2016) – With a lot of local interest in high school and college football games, The Woodlands Township’s Parks & Recreation will be airing football games at Waterway Square on The Woodlands Waterway.
A marquee game includes The Woodlands High School Highlanders playing in the Class 6A Division I State Championship game at 8 p.m. this Saturday, December 17, 2016 at AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys.
The Township will be showing the live feed of the game via Fox Sports Southwest at Waterway Square and at The Ice Rink. The Ice Rink is located at the corner of Six Pines Drive and Lake Robbins, on the site of The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Waterway Square is located along The Woodlands Waterway at Waterway Avenue. The screening will be shown from the main permanent stage. There is no admission to watch in either location. If you choose to skate, there is a fee.
“We know not everyone is able to make The Woodlands game in Arlington, and we thought this would be a great opportunity to bring people together in The Woodlands,” said John Powers, Assistant General Manager of The Woodlands Township.
Here is a list of featured bowl games as well as the state championship, which The Woodlands Highlanders will be competing in, can be found below.
- 12/16/16 at 7 p.m. – Mary Hardin Baylor vs Wisconsin-Oshkosh (Stagg Bowl)
- 12/17/16 at 2:30 p.m. – University of Houston vs San Diego State (Las Vegas Bowl)
- 12/17/16 at 8 p.m. – The Woodlands vs Lake Travis (UIL State Championship)
- 12/27/16 at 11 a.m. – Army vs North Texas (Heart of Dallas Bowl)
- 12/27/16 at 9:15 p.m. – Boise State vs Baylor (Cactus Bowl)
- 12/30/16 at 11 a.m. – Georgia vs TCU (Liberty Bowl)
- 12/31/16 at 2 p.m. – Washington vs Alabama (Peach Bowl)
- 12/31/16 at 6 p.m. – Ohio State vs Clemson (Fiesta Bowl)
- 1/9/17 (National Championship Game – TBD)
For more information on game coverage and listings please visit the calendar at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/townshipcalendar.
Photo: Show your support for football teams both local and national and attend a game that will be aired live at Waterway Square.