THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (August 18, 2017) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting on Thursday, August 17, 2017, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received Administrative Reports from Township departments.
- Approved a Water Line Easement to the San Jacinto River Authority in the Restricted
Reserve “E” of The Woodlands Village of Sterling Ridge Sec. 74.
- Approved a Temporary Construction Easement to the San Jacinto River Authority in Tracts 1 and 2 in the Restricted Reserve “G” Village of Grogan’s Mill, Section 5.
- Approved Conveyance of Village of Creekside Park Section 39, Restricted Open Space Reserves (ROSR) ROSR B; Village of Creekside Park Lake Paloma Reserves, ROSR B; Village of Creekside Park Lake Paloma Trail Reserves, ROSRs A, B & C; Lake Paloma Weir; and the Termination of Lease Agreement and an Assignment of Rights related to Lake Paloma.
- Approved a contribution from the Montgomery County Emergency Communications District for the purchase of an Information-Wall located in The Woodlands Township
Emergency Operations Center.
- Approved purchase of a disaster recovery storage area network.
- Approved a lease agreement for the Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park Telephone System and Network Infrastructure.
- Approved Host Venue Sponsorship Agreement with the South County 4th of July Committee.
- Approved a reciprocal parking license agreement with First Church of Christ, Scientist .
- Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Montgomery County regarding Spring Creek Greenway.
The Board of Directors then moved on to the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted an update and presentation on the Cultural Arts Feasibility Study. Representatives from Webb Management and Gensler presented the results of their study on business planning for the two proposed projects—a performing arts center and/or science museum. The full presentation can be watched through the Board Meetings video page, or viewed online at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/culturalarts.
- Received and approved the issuance of a Request for Qualifications and Proposals for an Incorporation Planning Study to be publicized through the Township website and advertised in several municipal management and municipal planning publications, in addition to direct mailing to governance planning firms and universities. During the 2017 Legislative Session changes were made to the Township’s enabling legislation to allow for the community to transition from its current form of governance to an incorporated municipality through a more clearly-defined process than previously provided, if and when the community decides it is time to make the change through voter authorization at an incorporation election. The Township will be seeking appropriately qualified organizations to perform a comprehensive analysis of changes to governance in The Woodlands upon incorporation and a tax rate study, prior to calling an election. Based on the proposed timeline, selection of a consultant is anticipated in December 2017. No current timeline has been established for consideration of an incorporation election.
- Awarded a contract for a Mobile Ticketing System for the park and ride commuter bus service to Masabi who will provide a smart-phone based mobile ticketing solution for passengers in order to streamline the ticketing process. In addition, certain features, such as real-time GPS bus location, will be included in the proposed mobile ticketing solution. To keep up with The Woodlands Express Park and Ride and other Township transportation, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/transportation or follow on Twitter @TownshipTransit.
The next Board of Directors meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday, August 23, 2017, at 2801 Technology Forest Blvd., The Woodlands, Texas 77381.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.