THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (August 25, 2017) – As Hurricane Harvey makes its way to Texas, The Woodlands Township will not open its pools and boat houses at Riva Row and Lakes Edge on Saturday, August 26, 2017 and Sunday, August 27, 2017. Additionally, due to the flooding impact to our area and facility, The Recreation Center at Bear Branch will be closed Saturday, August 26, 2017. At this time normal hours are expected to resume Monday, August 28, 2017, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Township officials are monitoring the storm and its potential impacts over the next several days.
The Township also advises residents to utilize the additional resources below in developing their emergency preparedness plans:
- For emergency-specific information specific to The Woodlands, listen to K-Star Country, KVST 99.7 FM, the official emergency broadcast partner of The Woodlands Township.
- Sign up for the Township’s emergency notification system (www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/notifyme) which is designed for major events that threaten citizens and reaches thousands of residents via text messages and email. In the event of a community wide emergency, the Emergency Alert icon on the Township’s website home page will turn red and will blink “Active” as well as feature a webpage banner alert.
- Stay connected and download our official mobile app – TheWoodlands311. The application can be downloaded for free on an iPhone or Android device by searching “TheWoodlands311” in the App store or on Google Play.
TheWoodlands311 for Android
TheWoodlands311 for iOS
- Sign up for the Talk of the Township, a frequent newsletter from the Township, at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/notifyme.
- Follow The Woodlands Township on Facebook (/TheWoodlandsTownship), Twitter (@TheTownshipTX) and Instagram (@TheTownshipTX) for important up-to-date news alerts.
- Follow The Woodlands Township Transportation Department on Twitter (@TownshipTransit) for communications regarding The Woodlands Express Park and Ride commuter bus service notices, reminders, interruptions and other transit emergency notifications.
- For more emergency preparedness tips and information specific to The Woodlands, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/getready or www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/emergency.
- In the event all communication efforts fail, residents may go to one of The Woodlands’ eight fire stations for the latest updates. You can find out more about The Woodlands Fire Department and where the stations are located at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/firedepartment.
- Residents of The Woodlands Township residing in Montgomery County can sign up to receive emergency alerts via phone or email from the Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management at https://www.smart911.com. When you are creating your profile, you must check the box next to Share my Smart911 Profile with TX-Montgomery-County-911 to support emergency preparedness.
- Residents of The Woodlands Township residing in Harris County can sign up to receive emergency alerts at www.911.org.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please call 281-210-3800 or visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.