THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (January 26, 2018) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard.
At the start of the meeting, President/General Manager Don Norrell acknowledged the Parks and Recreation Department for the 2017 Texas Public Pool Council Special Event of the Year Award for Splash Day. Mr. Norrell also provided a report on the Township’s accomplishments for 2017.
The Board of Directors received reports from Village Association representatives from the villages of Alden Bridge, Cochran’s Crossing and Grogan’s Mill.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Awarded a bid for tennis court construction at Wendtwoods Park;
- Approved 2018 schedules and charges for recreation facilities, pools, programs and services;
- Approved annual Village Association service agreements;
- Approved the Township’s property, liability and workers’ compensation insurance coverage;
- Approved development of a dog friendly area in the Village of Creekside Park;
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted a quarterly update on Law Enforcement;
- Received an update regarding meetings in Washington, D.C. with FEMA, HUD and elected officials regarding Hurricane Harvey appropriations;
- Received and accepted a Drainage Task Force update;
- Received and accepted a quarterly update from The Woodlands Convention & Visitors Bureau;
- Awarded a bid for the purchase of a 2018 Pierce Fire Engine;
- Tabled amending the November 29, 2017 minutes;
- Received and accepted the financial report;
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.