THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (February 23, 2018) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting on Thursday, February 22, 2018, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard.
At the start of the meeting, President/General Manager Don Norrell reported that the Township had been presented a Certificate of Appreciation from Operation Military Embrace for the Township’s support through the Fall 2017 National Night Out campaign and Veteran’s Day event, which resulted in $7,700 of in-kind contributions to provide needed items for America’s injured, ill and deployed heroes. The Certificate was accompanied by a U.S. Flag that was flown on a helicopter over Afghanistan by the 428th Expeditionary Group In Operating Enduring Freedom and presented to supporters in appreciation for the Care Packages.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received Administrative Reports from Township departments;
- Approved the first amendment to the Trolley Interlocal Agreement with Brazos Transit District;
- Approved a meeting schedule for review and approval of the 2019 Budget and 2018 Property Tax Rate;
- Passed a resolution adopting a list of Qualified Brokers authorized to engage in investment transactions with The Woodlands Township;
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Approved an Interlocal Agreement with Tarrant County regarding participation in the Tarrant County Cooperative Purchasing Program;
- Approved projects to be submitted to Montgomery County for Federal Hazard Mitigation funding;
- Received and accepted an update from Glade Arts Foundation;
- Accepted staff recommendation of no change to the Host Venue Sponsorship Agreement with Premier Soccer for the Copa Rayados Internacional Soccer Tournament;
- Received and accepted a report on The Woodlands Road Utility District #1;
- Approved the November 29, 2017 meeting minutes;
- Received a report on the Tomball ISD discussion and vote regarding the 2017 reappraisal of flood damaged property located within The Woodlands Township and within the boundaries of the Tomball ISD;
- Received a briefing from Visit The Woodlands Chairman Rieser regarding the Waterway Cruiser operation;
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Photo: At the February 22, 2018 board meeting, the Spirit of Scouting Award was presented to The Woodlands Township for their support of scouting in 2017. Pictured above, left to right, Township Director Bruce Rieser; Township Vice Chairman John McMullan; Township Treasurer John Anthony Brown; Township Secretary Dr. Ann Snyder; Boy Scouts of America, Tall Timbers district Vice Chairman Stuart Schroeder; Boy Scouts of America, Tall Timbers district Senior District Executive Mary Welch; Township Chairman Gordy Bunch; Township Director Carol Stromatt; Township Director Brian Boniface; Township President/General Manager Don Norrell; Township Assistant General Manager, Community Services John Powers.