THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (March 23, 2018) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting on Thursday, March 22, 2018, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard.
At the start of the meeting, the Board of Directors proclaimed Saturday, March 24, 2018 as “The Woodlands Earth Day Great American Cleanup Community Stewardship Project and Celebration” and proclaimed April 2018 as “Earth Month” in The Woodlands Township.
Before addressing agenda items, President/General Manager Don Norrell acknowledged the Parks and Recreation Department for winning two Texas Recreation and Park Society (TRAPS) 2018 State Awards. The first award was the Arts & Humanities Programming Class II Award for Arts in the Park – Shakespeare in the Park. The other award was the Lone Star Programming Award for Mother-Son Date Night.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received Administrative Reports from Township departments;
- Approved a Renewal Agreement with ICTX Wavemedia for dark fiber services;
- Approved a Renewal Agreement with CenturyLink for data center circuits;
- Approved the First Amendment to the Donation and Indemnification Agreement with Maximizing Children’s Ministries International for used playground equipment;
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted an update regarding Development Standards Committee (DSC) matters;
- Accepted the Proposal by Signature Research for the design of an adventure course at The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park and authorized the President/General Manager to execute a design services agreement;
- Received and accepted a presentation regarding the operation of ground monitors related to the Groundwater Reduction Plan (GRP) pipeline;
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Photo: The Woodlands Township Board of Directors recognized the Parks and Recreation Department for their two Texas Recreation and Park Society 2018 State Awards. Pictured above, left to right, Township Director Bruce Rieser; Township Vice Chairman John McMullan; Township Secretary Dr. Ann Snyder; Township Treasurer John Anthony Brown; Jennifer Salazar; Township Chairman Gordy Bunch; Megan Lichenstein Meaux; Baze Gierisch; Aliesa Morrow; Township Director Carol Stromatt and Township Director Brian Boniface.