THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (April 20, 2018) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting on Thursday, April 19, 2018, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard.
At the start of the meeting, the Board of Directors acknowledged The Woodlands High School Lady Highlanders Swim Team for winning the Class 6A State Championship in Austin, making them back-to-back state champions.
The Board of Directors also honored Dr. Don Stockton for his 32 years of service for Conroe ISD. Dr. Stockton was appointed Superintendent of Schools in Conroe ISD in August of 2003 and will retire in 2018.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received Administrative Reports from Township departments;
- Approved an easement to Entergy Texas for Restricted Reserve “J”, Panther Creek Section 7;
- Awarded a bid for the 2018 Pathway Stencils and Crosswalk Project;
- Approved the release of a Request for Proposals for an Automated Passenger Counter for Woodlands Express;
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received a briefing on the 2018 Woodlands Marathon;
- Received and accepted a Drainage Task Force update;
- Authorized up to $50,000 for independent engineering services related to the Fountains at Waterway Square and directed staff to return with alternatives for final repairs;
- Approved the release of a Request for Proposals for Solid Waste and Recycling Consulting Services and return with submitted proposals for consideration in June;
- Appointed Arthur Bredehoft to the Development Standards Committee (DSC) as an interim appointment to fill the unexpired, vacated term of a resigning DSC member;
- Approved the amended 2018 Board of Directors meeting schedule;
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.