THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (April 26, 2018) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting on Wednesday, April 25, 2018, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
Before addressing agenda items, the Board of Directors issued three proclamations.
To promote public awareness for bicycling and its health and environmental benefits, the Board of Directors proclaimed Friday, May 18, 2018 as Bike to Work Day; Saturday, May 19, 2018 as Bike The Woodlands Day and the month of May as Bike Month.
To honor and recognize the service and sacrifice of those law enforcement officers who protect our community and safeguard our democracy, the Board of Directors proclaimed the week of May 13-19, 2018 as Police Week in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board also issued a proclamation in support of the Monarch Butterfly Pledge to help restore habitat for the monarch butterfly population.
The Board of Directors accepted a report from the Cochran’s Crossing Village Association.
The Board of Directors took the following action on the Consent Agenda:
- Approved a multi-functional printer lease addendum with Dahill;
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted quarterly updates on Law Enforcement from Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Harris County Constable Precinct 4 and Montgomery County Constable Precinct 3;
- Received and accepted a report on property conditions in the Creekwood neighborhood in the Village of Panther Creek;
- Approved a resolution in support of Texas State Senator Brandon Creighton, Texas State Representative Mark Keough, Montgomery County Precinct 3 Commissioner James Noack and Montgomery County Precinct 4 Commissioner Jim Clark, to oppose the construction of toll roads without prior voter approval;
- Approved an amendment to the President/General Manager employment agreement;
- Received and accepted an update from The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau (Visit The Woodlands);
- Received and accepted the financial report;
- Approved authorization of a legal settlement.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, May 17, 2018. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
Photo: The Board of Directors proclaimed the week of May 13-19, 2018 as Police Week in The Woodlands, Texas.