THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (May 24, 2018) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
Before addressing agenda items, the Board of Directors issued three proclamations.
In support of the National Recreation and Park Association and The Woodlands Township’s 140 parks, 14 pools, 220+ miles of pathway, countless greenbelts, two recreation centers and two boat houses, the Board of Directors proclaimed the month of July as Parks and Recreation Month in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board proclaimed May 23, 2018 as The Woodlands High School Highlander Lacrosse State Champions Day to celebrate the team’s first state title win in program history, thus breaking a decade-long streak of teams outside of the Houston region winning the title.
In recognition of The Woodlands High School track and field team state champion members, the Board of Directors proclaimed May 23, 2018 as The Woodlands High School Highlander Track and Field State Champions Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors accepted reports from Village Association representatives from the villages of Alden Bridge and College Park.
The Board of Directors took the following action on the Consent Agenda:
- Approved a Right-of-Way request to grant easement to Entergy Texas, Inc. for portion of fourteen open space reserves in the Village of Panther Creek, Section 5;
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted a briefing on the 2018 Memorial Hermann Ironman Texas;
- Received and accepted a Drainage Task Force update;
- Adopted a resolution in support of the Spring Creek Reservoir project as identified in Governor Greg Abbott’s Commission to Rebuild Texas published list of public infrastructure flood mitigation projects;
- Received a briefing regarding cancer prevention measures which are targeted toward fire fighters including a discussion of the efficacy of such measures;
- Received a briefing on the Memorial Day Festival in The Woodlands and the Community Covenant Signing Ceremony;
- Approved a renewal of the park and pathway maintenance service contract;
- Received and accepted the financial report;
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 21, 2018. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.