THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (August 23, 2018) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting on Wednesday, August 22, 2018 where it lowered the 2018 property tax rate and adopted the 2019 budget.
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors approved a tax rate of 22.73 cents per $100 of taxable property value. This number is made up of 21.03 cents on each $100 of taxable property value within the Township for maintenance and operations and a 2018 ad valorem tax rate of 1.70 cents on each $100 of taxable property value within the Township for debt service.
“I want to thank fellow Township Directors and the Township staff for their hard work and commitment in approving another exemplary budget that lowers the tax rate while providing enhanced services and preparation for future growth,” said Gordy Bunch, Township Chairman of the Board.” The Woodlands Township is committed to its residents and businesses in creating a community that enhances quality of life while increasing overall value.”
The comprehensive budget document can be found here.
In other matters, the Board of Directors issued two proclamations.
The Board proclaimed September 11, 2018 as Patriot Day and the National Day of Service and Remembrance. The Board also proclaimed September 11, 2018 as First Responders Day. The Township will be holding two public events on September 11 to recognize those lost in the attacks on September 11 and to recognize The Woodlands Township’s First Responders. The Patriot Day of Remembrance event will be held at The Woodlands Fire Department Central Station from 7:30 to 8 a.m. and First Responders Day will be held at Town Green Park from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Before addressing agenda items, President/General Manager Don Norrell recognized Josie Lewis, Visit The Woodlands’ Convention Development Manager, for receiving the Texas Association of Convention & Visitor Bureaus (TACVB) Catalyst Award.
The Board of Directors accepted reports from Village Association representatives from the villages of Alden Bridge and Indian Springs.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Approved to provide a 30-day termination notice in accordance with the Township’s agreement for government relations services;
- Approved a Service Agreement with Boy Scouts of America Tall Timbers District;
- Approved the Conveyance by Special Warrant Deed Village of Sterling Ridge Section 89, Restricted Open Space Reserves A & D and a Pathway Easement Agreement with The Woodlands Development Company and an Easement for Park and Outdoor Recreation Facilities with Municipal Utility District No. 46 for Spindle Tree Park and Trail Extension;
- Approved a request from the City of Houston to concur with the Lake Houston Wilderness Park improvement project to be partially funded under the Regional Participation Agreement between The Woodlands Township and the City of Houston;
- Awarded a bid for deck refurbishment and plaster work on the swimming pools at Alden Bridge Park and Creekwood Park and the spraygrounds at May Valley Park;
In addition to the adoption of the 2018 Ad Valorem Tax Rates and 2019 Consolidated Budget, the Board of Directors took the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Deferred the presentation regarding the proposed Grogan’s Mill underpass;
- Received an update on the Waterway Cruisers;
- Received the financial report;
- Awarded bids for 2018-2019 Pathway Maintenance Services, Cul De Sac Island Maintenance Services, Sportsfield Maintenance Services, All Weather Turf Maintenance Services and Fire Station Landscape Maintenance Services. The Board also authorized the President/General Manager to initiate a bid process for Park Maintenance Services for a three-year period beginning January 1, 2019.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, September 20, 2018. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.