THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (November 21, 2019) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, November 20, 2019, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions before conducting business on Consent and Regular agenda items:
- Approved the forms of the Oaths of Office, Official Bonds and Statements of Elected/Appointed Officers for the newly elected Directors of The Woodlands Township.
- Proclaimed Wednesday, November 20, 2019 as Community Leadership Appreciation Day honoring retiring directors, John P. McMullan and Carol Book Stromatt.
- Administered the Oath of Office to newly elected Directors of The Woodlands Township: Director – Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs; Secretary – Dr. Ann K. Snyder; Director – Bob Milner.
- Elected Board Officers for The Woodlands Township: Chairman Gordy Bunch, Vice Chairman Bruce Rieser, Secretary Dr. Ann K. Snyder, and Treasurer John Anthony Brown.
The Board of Directors accepted reports from Village Association representatives from the villages of Alden Bridge and College Park.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received Administrative Reports from Township departments.
- Awarded a bid for 2020 supply of Pool Treatment Chemical Delivery.
- Awarded a bid for Fire Stations Landscape Maintenance Services.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted an update on The Woodlands Fire Department Station #5.
- Took no action on Incorporation Planning Study matters.
- Received a briefing on the status of a traffic study.
- Approved The Woodlands Express service to the 2020 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo; approved the Third Amendment to Contract for Commuter Bus Service with First Class Tours and authorized the President/General Manager to execute contract in final form as approved by the Township attorney.
- Appointed Dr. Ann K. Snyder, Bob Milner and Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs to the Board of Directors for The Woodlands Township Economic Development Zone to coincide with their terms on the Township Board.
- Received and accepted a briefing on the process for Board and Committee appointments at the December 4, 2019 Board meeting.
- Interviewed candidates for the Development Standards Committee and received a briefing on the process for appointments to the committee.
- Received a briefing on a schedule and recruitment process for the President/General Manager position.
- Approved Resolution 019-19 casting votes for the Montgomery Central Appraisal District candidate, Peggy Hausman, and authorized the Board Chairman to sign the official ballot.
- Approved Resolution 020-19 casting a vote for conservation and reclamation district candidate Bob Milner in the Harris County Appraisal District Board of Directors Election and authorized the Board Chairman to sign the ballot certification.
- Received a briefing on the status of the negotiations with Waste Management on the terms of a Solid Waste Collection, Disposal and Recycling Collection Services Agreement.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday, December 4, 2019. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800
PHOTO: Justice of the Peace Precinct 3 Judge Matt Beasley swears in newly elected Directors (left to right): Township Secretary, Dr. Ann K. Snyder; Township Director, Bob Milner and Township Director Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs.