THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (January 16, 2020) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 4 p.m. Wednesday, January 15, 2020, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
At the start of the meeting, the Board of Directors recognized The Woodlands Christian Academy Cross Country Teams for exceling in athletics and winning the 2019 TAPPS 4A State Championship. To celebrate this accomplishment, the Board of Directors proclaimed January 15, 2020, as The Woodlands Christian Academy Cross Country Team State Champions Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
Before addressing agenda items, President/General Manager Don Norrell recognized The Woodlands Township Parks and Recreation Department for winning four awards from the Texas Recreation and Park Society including Maintenance of the Year Award for Town Green Park turf, Innovation in Park and Facility Development for Texas TreeVentures and Photography at Mariposa Pond Park and Texas TreeVentures.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received Administrative Reports from Township departments.
- Approved an Interlocal Agreement for Law Enforcement Services with Harris County.
- Approved March 2020 Special Meetings.
- Approved a Resolution for Adoption of Prevailing Wage Rate Scale for Construction Projects.
- Approved the 2020 Operating Hours for the Boat Houses, Texas TreeVentures and Recreation Centers.
- Approved the release of a Request for Proposals for Transit Planning and Consulting Services.
- Approved the release of a Request for Proposals for Design Consulting Services for the major park renovation of Falconwing Park.
- Approved the release of a Request for Qualifications for the redevelopment of an inclusive playground at Bear Branch Park.
- Awarded a bid for sportsfield maintenance services.
- Awarded a bid for pool deck refurbishment at Sawmill Park Sprayground and Shadowbend Pool/Sprayground.
- Awarded a bid for playground equipment replacement services: Misty Dawn Park, Wimberly Park and Bantam Woods Park.
- Approved a renewal notice to Simple Recycling for the service agreement for residential curbside collection of textile recycling.
- Approved a renewal of an annual Accela software license and maintenance agreement.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Took no action on Incorporation Planning Study matters.
- Approved a Trail Maintenance and Development Agreement with the Greater Houston Off-Road Biking Association (GHORBA).
- Received an update on feral hog abatement efforts and approved funding for the development of a Wildlife Management Plan to include a comprehensive plan for the control and management of feral hogs and other nuisance wildlife.
- Approved the release of a Request For Qualifications for a comprehensive construction plan of the facilities at the Emergency Training Center and The Woodlands Fire Department Fire Stations 3, 4 and 5.
- Discussed The Woodlands Fire Department squad program and approved two full-time equivalent firefighters and the purchase of one medical squad vehicle.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 immediately following an Incorporation Planning Session that is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
PHOTO: The Woodlands Township Board of Directors proclaimed January 15, 2020 as The Woodlands Christian Academy Cross Country Team State Champions Day. Pictured above, left to right.
Back row: Treasurer John Anthony Brown, Director Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs, Secretary Dr. Ann K. Snyder, Madison Frey, Fern Shirley, Lindsay Worthington, Chesnie Russell, Josh Mueck, Caleb Bigler, Joshua Hardy, Chairman Gordy Bunch and Director Bob Milner.
Front Row: Ellie Johnson, Ellie Catron, Ryan Rohrlich, Lucas Trevathan, Ben Shearer, Zachary Bagnoli, Head Coach Tom Earle and Director Brian Boniface.