THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (February 7, 2020) – The Woodlands Township Environmental Services will host numerous events throughout February and March. All upcoming events can be found on The Township website at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/environment. Most events have limited space and require registration; visit the website for registration links and other pertinent event information.
The complete list of events for February and March are as follows:
- February 8, 2020—Community Tree Planting. Township staff and volunteers will work to help reforest a portion of the Creekside Park West Trailhead with native trees, wildflower seeds and milkweed plants. Registration required.
- February 13, 2020—Walk in the Woods: Basics of Backyard Beekeeping. An introduction to beekeeping at home. Registration required.
- February 15, 2020—Invasives Task Force Training. Learn how to properly remove invasive plant species from The Woodlands pathways. Registration required.
- February 20, 2020—Going GREEN Lecture- Feral Swine: Challenges and Control. Learn about feral swine from Chris Watts, Wildlife Damage Management Biologist with Texas Wildlife Services. Registration required.
- February 22, 2020—The Watershed Project Workshop. Residents will be trained on a variety of water-related volunteering opportunities to participate in throughout the year. Registration required.
- February 22, 2020—Organic Spring Vegetable Gardening and Soil Preparation. Learn the key to growing nutritious vegetables from noted author, photographer and horticulturist, Skip Richter. Registration required.
- March 7, 2020—Drip Irrigation Workshop. Learn all about converting part of your automatic sprinkler to a drip system, or adding a simple set-up to a hose bib, in this hands-on workshop. Registration required.
- March 7, 2020—Backyard Composting Class. Learn how easy it can be to turn kitchen waste and yard trimmings into rich, hand-made compost through hands-on learning, composting experts and composting resources. Registration not required.
- March 12, 2020—Walk in the Woods: Encounters with Wildlife. Learn what programs and resources are available for wildlife care and rehabilitation and what to do if you find an animal in need, from education coordinator, Cathie Coudert. Registration required.
- March 21, 2020—Earth Day GreenUp. Join the 10th annual litter cleanup and celebrate afterwards at Northshore Park with t-shirts, pizza and treats! Registration required; pre-register by March 9th.
- March 26, 2020—Going GREEN Lecture- Embracing Renewable Energy: Conroe ISD’s Plan. Learn about Stockton Jr. High School’s 1 MW solar array, related educational curricula and the school district’s future renewable energy plans from Conroe Independent School District Director of Planning and Construction, Easy Foster. Registration not required.
For more information about The Woodlands Township or for assistance in registering, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/environment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 281-210-3800.
PHOTO: Volunteers at the Community Tree Planting event. To register for any of the Environmental Services events, please visit http://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/environment for registration links and other pertinent information.