THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (February 28, 2020) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, February 26, 2020, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Approved Resolution No. 003-20 Adopting Investment Policies and Guidelines for The Woodlands Township.
- Approved the 2019 Summary of Accomplishments.
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Approved an Interlocal Cooperation Agreement by and between Harris County, Texas, and The Woodlands Township regarding the transition of roadway responsibilities and funding at Incorporation.
- Took no action on Incorporation Planning Study matters.
- Approved a provisional maximum initial tax rate for use in the community engagement phase of the Incorporation Planning Study.
- Accepted an update on Montgomery County’s initiatives on suicide prevention.
- Authorized the president/general manager to sign Memorands of Agreement regarding Short Term Rental uses authorized by the Development Standards Committee.
- Accepted the 2020 budget amendments related to 2019 capital project carryovers and 2020 capital project commitments outlined in the Extension and Modification of the Comprehensive Community Services Agreement.
- Deferred the Request for Proposals for the Integrated Forest Management Plan – Wildlife Management.
- Accepted reports on The Woodlands Express and Town Center Trolley Ridership Surveys.
- Approved The Woodlands Township’s Federal Transportation Administration (FTA) Title VI Policy.
- Approved the Program of Projects (POP) for the Houston-Galveston Area Council’s FY2021-24 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
- Accepted the financial report.
- Approved a policy regarding special event and host venue sponsorships and related agreements, pending the concurrence of the Visit The Woodlands Board of Directors.
- Deferred a Host Venue Agreement with the YMCA for the Dragon Boat Team Challenge Event.
- Deferred the Fourth Amendment to the Host Venue Sponsorship Agreement with World Triathlon Corporation for the Ironman Texas event.
- Deferred Host Venue Sponsorship Agreement with the South County 4th of July Committee.
The next Board of Directors regular meeting is scheduled to be held on Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 6 p.m. For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.