THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (February 28, 2020) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors received a briefing on Coronavirus Awareness and Preparedness at the February 20, 2020 regular board meeting. The presentation may be viewed here.
Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management offers this advice regarding virus protection:
The best way to prevent infection is to take precautions to avoid exposure to this virus, which are similar to the precautions you take to avoid the flu. CDC always recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Please visit the following partner agency websites for emergency management information:
Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
Montgomery County Public Health District
Harris County Office of Emergency Management
Harris County Public Health District
Texas Department of State Health Services
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention