THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (March 12, 2020) – In response to growing concerns regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), The Woodlands Township has cancelled or postponed all Township-produced events from March 12, 2020, through April 12, 2020 (Easter Sunday).
“The cancellation or postponement of these Township-produced events will allow us to better address the public health concerns of the community and also allow us to redirect Township public safety and other personnel in a more effective manner for preventive measures,” said Chairman of the Board Gordy Bunch. “While this is a difficult decision to make, public safety has and will always be the top priority of The Woodlands Township.”
The following events for March and April will be cancelled or postponed.
- Arts in the Park – Saturday, March 14, 2020
- Involvement Day at Golden Sage Park – Saturday, March 14, 2020
- Creekwood Fishing Derby – Saturday, March 14, 2020
- Walk in the Woods – Thursday, March 19, 2020
- Remainder of Concert in the Park spring series concerts – Sundays through April 5, 2020
- Rock the Row spring series - Thursdays, March 19 through April 2, 2020
- Earth Day GreenUp – Saturday, March 21, 2020
- Father-Son Challenge – Saturday, March 21, 2020
- Soggy Doggy Swim Day – Saturday, March 21, 2020
- Public Safety Awards - Saturday, March 21, 2020
- Open Water Swim – Saturday, March 28, 2020
- Emergency Preparedness Event - Saturday, March 28, 2020
- Camp Terramont – Saturday, March 28 through Sunday, March 29, 2020
- Woodforest Bank Tri - Saturday, April 4, 2020
- All Easter Events and Programs (Egg hunts, Breakfast with the Bunny, etc)
In the event that these activities are rescheduled at a later date, the community will be notified through the Township website, social media and other channels.
The Township is continuing to review special permit fees issued to other entities using Township facilities and additional determinations will be announced on Friday, March 13, 2020.
Township officials are working with The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival, scheduled for the first weekend in April, for rescheduling to dates in the fall of 2020.
As with all Township-produced events, the safety of event participants, attendees, staff, volunteers, sponsors and spectators is a top priority. The decision to cancel is consistent with this priority to prevent the potential exposure and spread of illness.
The Township will remain in close communication with local, state and federal partners and take further action as needed, based on the recommendations of these agencies. Residents are encouraged to follow the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)’s prevention strategies. If you suspect you are ill, please stay home except to seek medical care to prevent the spread of illness. Please visit www.cdc.gov/COVID19 for more information.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please call 281-210-3800 or visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.
PHOTO: The Woodlands Township has cancelled all Township-produced events and activities, effective March 12, 2020, through April 12, 2020. Please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov to for more information.