THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (January 29, 2021) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting via videoconference on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 6 p.m.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Approved Resolution No. 003-21, Adopting List of Qualified Brokers Authorized to Engage in Investment Transactions with The Woodlands Township.
- Approved renewal of the Township’s Property, Liability and Workers’ Compensation Insurance for the policy period January 1, 2021 – January 1, 2022.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed. Follow the Township’s official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thewoodlandstownship.
- Director Dr. Ann K. Snyder, who serves as the Township’s NonProfit Liaison, provided an update on Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare’s new program called Texans Recovering Together Crisis Counseling focused on the COVID-19 pandemic. They are currently offering free counseling sessions as well as assistance for individuals needing help finding resources such as local food banks, help with utilities and job searches. More information can be found here.
Director Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs, who serves as the Township’s Public Health Liaison, gave a healthcare update regarding COVID-19 vaccine availability in Montgomery and Harris County. Her presentation can be found at this link.
- Accepted reports from Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office and Montgomery County Constable’s Office Precinct 3.
- Accepted a quarterly update from the Development Standards Committee. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Accepted an update from the One Water Task Force.
- Accepted the financial report. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Received a presentation from Dr. Chris Nunes, Director of Parks & Recreation, regarding the 2021 operating hours of recreation facilities.
No changes are being made to the 2021 summer schedule for the Boat Houses. Lakes Edge Boat House will now be open three days a week during the non-peak season (spring and fall).
Recreation Center hours will remain the same.
January through May, Texas TreeVentures will operate Friday through Sunday. June through August, they will operate Thursday through Sunday. September through December, they will operate Friday through Sunday. During holiday breaks, they will be open as much as possible based on reservation demand.
Township pools will mimic the Conroe ISD and Tomball ISD 2021 schedule. Instead of the regular pool season ending on August 16, 2021, it will now end on August 10, 2021. At Wendtwoods Pool, the regular season will end on August 13, 2021. The post-season weekday schedule will start on August 11, 2021. The post-season weekend schedule will be August 14, 2021 through September 6, 2021.
- Awarded a bid for the purchase of a 2021 Pierce Hazmat Truck and a 2021 Ford F550 Four-Door Cab Skeeter Brush / High Water Rescue Truck.
- Accepted a quarterly update from Visit The Woodlands (Convention & Visitors Bureau). The presentation can be viewed here.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
PHOTO: The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting via videoconference on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 6 p.m.