THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (February 16, 2021) – Here is a Township update regarding the winter storm and its effect on residents of The Woodlands.
Updated 6 p.m., Tuesday, February 16, 2021
The Woodlands electrical needs are served by Entergy and CenterPoint.
MISO Ends Load Reductions for Entergy Texas
Entergy Texas began restoring customers who were affected by power outages back to service. Read complete press release.
Please read the earlier update from Entergy.
Centerpoint Energy Information
Temporary Emergency Contact for Woodlands Water
The Woodlands Water Agency voicemail system was disabled by the weather-related technical difficulties. If you have a water emergency, please call 936-446-6762 and staff will follow up as soon as possible. Please leave your name, address and phone number on the message. More information is available at www.woodlandswater.org.
Creekside Park residents are served by Harris-Montgomery Counties Municipal Utility District No. 386
The Church Project at 602 Pruitt Road is operating as a warming center. It is open 24/7 until no longer needed. Cots and blankets are available for those who need to rest or stay overnight provided by American Red Cross through Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management. Water and snacks provided by Montgomery County Food Bank. There are wellness checks, COVID screenings and PPE equipment available if needed.
Additional Township Information:
- Township offices and facilities will be closed Wednesday. All public meetings with The Woodlands Township have been cancelled or postponed. A decision will be made on Wednesday as to whether to close on Thursday.
- All Recreational Facilities including Riva Row Boat House, Lakes Edge Boat House, and Texas TreeVentures are closed.
- Convenience voting for The Woodlands Villages and Residential Design Review Committees is cancelled while the Township building is closed.
- The Woodlands Express and The Waterway Trolley operations are suspended Wednesday. Please follow Twitter for updates @TownshipTransit.
- Curative COVID-19 testing is closed through Wednesday, February 17, and will determine the remainder of the week at a later point.
- Conroe school district will be closed Wednesday. Tomball remote Professional Development and remote learning for students is cancelled for Wednesday. John Cooper School will be cancelled on Wednesday for campus and remote students.
- Garbage collection service is suspended Wednesday, February 17 in response to the hazardous road conditions resulting from the winter weather.
Home Safety Information
Winter storms are dangerous. They can bring cold temperatures, power failures, loss of communication services, and icy roads. This can make being outside dangerous, so you should limit your time outside. Although staying indoors as much as possible can help reduce the risk of car crashes and falls on the ice, you may also face hazards inside your home. Please read more here: https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/winter/duringstorm/indoorsafety.html
Public safety officials highly recommend staying off roadways if both temperatures remain below freezing (32 degrees Fahrenheit) and precipitation occur at the same time. All Montgomery County road closures can be found via MCTX LIVE. Monitor roadways through Houston Transtar and Montgomery County Northstar. For statewide traveling, check out www.drivetexas.org Also plan to limit outdoor exposure as wind chills are expected to be unusually cold. Roads and bridges may ice over.
Interfaith of The Woodlands
Interfaith Central Office is closed due to inclement weather. If you have an immediate request for assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay tuned to social media for up-to-date details on office hours for the remainder of the week.
Also plan to limit outdoor exposure as wind chills are expected to be unusually cold. Roads and bridges may ice over. Public safety officials highly recommend staying off roadways if both temperatures remain below freezing (32 degrees Fahrenheit) and precipitation occur at the same time. Monitor roadways through Houston Transtar and Montgomery County Northstar. For statewide traveling, check out www.drivetexas.org
Please check The Woodlands Township homepage at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov for updates to the calendar and news flashes, or follow the Township on Facebook and Twitter.
For current weather conditions and advisories, follow your favorite weather station or app, or visit www.weather.gov.