Updated 5 p.m., Thursday, February 18, 2021
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (February 18, 2021) – Here is a Township update regarding the winter storm and its effect on residents of The Woodlands.
Township Facilities Update
Township facilities will remain closed Friday.
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors Meeting Tonight
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors meeting, will be held via videoconference beginning at 6 p.m. today, Thursday, February 18, 2021. View Agenda.
Open Restaurants and Hotels
Visit The Woodlands has compiled a list of OPEN RESTAURANTS and available HOTELS in The Woodlands. Diners should expect reduced hours and limited menus, please check with restaurants by calling ahead for hours of operation to ensure they were able to stay open or to make reservations. The list is being updated regularly as more restaurants and services become available and can welcome guests safely. View available hotels and restaurants.
Waste Management started collection services on Thursday, February 18, 2021 for all residents that have Thursday service, and Friday residents will be serviced on Friday. The normal schedule will resume next week, with anticipated higher volumes on the first three days of the week. The overall goal is to finish each day, but some homes may be carried over and serviced the next morning.
Montgomery County Precinct 3 Residential Recycling Center
Montgomery County Precinct 3 will open the Residential Recycling Center on Friday, February 19, 2021, at 12:30 p.m. and close at 4:30 p.m. The facility will open on Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed for lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.). The facility is open to Montgomery County residents. In addition to typical recyclable materials, the facility accepts residential home improvement, wood and miscellaneous landfill items. No commercial contractor materials are accepted.
Water Supply in The Woodlands Is Safe; No Boil Notice Is In Effect
The Woodlands Water Agency released the following statement today from James M. Stinson, P.E., General Manager of The Woodlands Water Agency: “The water supply in The Woodlands remains safe and the distribution system of the Municipal Utility Districts (MUDs) serving our community is strong. Contrary to social media rumors and confusion about notices from other area government entities, there is no boil notice in The Woodlands.
“We know customers are facing plumbing challenges at home. Our crews continue to respond 24/7. If you have a water emergency, please call 855-H20-SAVE, option 4 and a staff member will respond. Thank you for your patience during this historic winter weather event.”
Issues of No Water to/in Home
(From Woodlands Water) This is a firm indication that the pipes serving the home are frozen. The MUD piping and distribution system are intact. No widespread or neighborhood outages. If you can locate where the water service line enters your home, you may be able to determine a way to unfreeze or add more insulation. The home service line usually enters at the front of the house or near a laundry room.
Resources for Water Damage
Many residents are experiencing broken pipes, and plumbers are already busy. Below are some resources for help.
The Woodlands Area Chamber of Commerce
Creekside Park Water Update
Municipal District Services, the MU386 water operator that serves the Village of Creekside Park, has alerted The Woodlands Township officials that they have no water issues and no need to boil water.
Creekside Park residents are served by Harris-Montgomery Counties Municipal Utility District No. 386
Residents in MUD 386 who have frozen pipes in their home and who need non-potable water are welcome to come to Burroughs Park, which is adjacent to the Village of Creekside Park. Harris County residents in need of non-potable water for such things as flushing toilets are welcome to bring containers to fill. Non-potable water is not suitable for drinking. Burroughs Park is located at 9738 Hufsmith Rd, Tomball TX. Residents of Creekside Park are serviced by MUD 386. Municipal District Services is the operator for MUD 386. They report the water supply system in MUD 386 is sound and the water is safe to drink.
Entergy Calling for Residents to Conserve Power
Entergy Texas is requesting limited electricity usage due to present extreme cold weather immediately, including turning off electric water heaters and lowering heating thermostat settings. Insufficient reductions may require temporary interruptions of electric service. The company apologizes for this inconvenience and is working to restore the system to normal grid operations as soon as possible. More information is available at www.entergynewsroom.com.
The Woodlands electrical needs are served by Entergy and CenterPoint.
CenterPoint Energy Information
www.centerpointenergy.com The Woodlands Township officials met with CenterPoint Energy officials on Tuesday, February 16, 2021, to further help facilitate getting power restored in Creekside Park and Sterling Ridge.
For the outage map, please visit: https://www.centerpointenergy.com/en-us/residential/services/electric-utility/outage-cebter%3Esa=ho
If you are without power, please report your outage at: https://www.centerpointenergy.com/pages/contact-us.html
For Updates on Current Power Outages:
The Church Project on Budde Road has set up a Warming Center and is located at 602 Pruitt Road. It is open 24/7 until no longer needed. Cots and blankets are available for those who need to rest or stay overnight provided by American Red Cross through Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management. Water and snacks provided by Montgomery County Food Bank. There are wellness checks, COVID screenings and PPE equipment available if needed.
The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park has closed as a warming center. The Township had opened the center on Wednesday anticipating a larger need, but closed it due to lack of usage.
Additional Township Information:
- Township facilities are closed Thursday.
- Recreational facilities including Riva Row Boat House, Lakes Edge Boat House, and Texas TreeVentures are closed.
- Convenience voting for The Woodlands Villages and Residential Design Review Committees is cancelled for the week. The entire February voting period is being moved back one week. Election Day is now scheduled for Saturday, February 27, 2021, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Convenience voting is scheduled for Monday, February 22, through Friday, February 26, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/februaryelection for additional information.
- The Woodlands Express and The Waterway Trolley operations are suspended for Friday, February 19, 2021. Please follow Twitter for updates @TownshipTransit.
- Curative COVID-19 testing is closed until further notice to ensure safety. Patients are being notified, and appointment windows are disabled for the time being. Notice will be given when a reopening date is scheduled.
All Montgomery County road closures can be found via MCTX LIVE. Monitor roadways through Houston Transtar and Montgomery County Northstar. For statewide traveling, check out www.drivetexas.org. Also plan to limit outdoor exposure as wind chills are expected to be unusually cold. Roads and bridges may ice over.
Mail delivery has been delayed due to the winter storm, including power outages that shut down mail sorting machines in regional post centers, and hazardous road conditions for both long-haul and local delivery trucks. The Post Office expects a large influx of mail today and tomorrow. Customers can expect large amounts to be delivered tomorrow and Saturday.
- Conroe Independent School District will be closed the rest of the week.
- John Cooper School has cancelled Thursday and Friday for campus and remote students.
Report Price Gouging
The Harris County Attorney is protecting residents from companies and individuals that attempt to charge inflated prices for goods and services during this emergency. Learn more about how you can help fight price gouging.
COVID-19 Vaccine Update for Montgomery County
Status Update from the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- The Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management would like to provide the public with updates to COVID-19 Vaccine events in Montgomery County.
- There will be NO vaccine events through the remainder of this week due to the weather and need for emergency resources around the county.
- The second dose vaccine event originally scheduled for Tuesday, February 16 and then rescheduled for Friday, February 19, 2021, will now take place on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
- There will be an additional second dose vaccine event held on Thursday, February 25 (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
- Both events will be held at the Lone Star Executive Airport (9400 Airport Road, Conroe, TX 77303).
- Please note that ONLY specific individuals will receive their second dose at each event and there will be NO FIRST DOSES on these dates.
- Individuals eligible for dose 2 on Tuesday, February 23 – dose 1 recipients from January 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23. We ask last names starting between A-L arrive between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. and last names starting between M-Z come between 12:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Individuals eligible for dose 2 on Thursday, February 25 – dose 1 recipients from January 26, 27. We ask last names starting between A-L arrive between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. and last names starting between M-Z come between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Emails have been distributed to all addresses on file with the appropriate second dose event details.
- It is very important that you bring photo ID and the original vaccine card issued at dose 1. If we cannot verify that you received your first dose from Lone Star Family Health Center on the dates noted above, you will not receive dose 2.
- We understand that these events extend the timing of second doses beyond the recommended 28 day period. However, per CDC, second doses can be administered up to 42 days after the first dose in unavoidable circumstances.
- We are considering SEPARATE first dose events for next week, but those dates are not yet finalized at this time.
Interfaith of The Woodlands
Interfaith Central Office is closed due to inclement weather. If you have an immediate request for assistance, please email email@example.com. Stay tuned to social media for up-to-date details on office hours for the remainder of the week.
The Woodlands Mall
The Woodlands Mall will open reduced hours today Thursday, February 18, from noon to 5 p.m.
Please check The Woodlands Township homepage at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov for updates to the calendar and news flashes, or follow the Township on Facebook and Twitter.
Judge Mark Keough, Montgomery County Judge
Click here for the most recent online updates via Facebook.
United Way of Greater Houston
Need help? Dial 211. A free helpline operated by United Way of Greater Houston 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in many languages. Click here for more information.
For current weather conditions and advisories, follow your favorite weather station or app, or visit www.weather.gov.