THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (March 25, 2021) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting on Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
At the start of the meeting, the Board of Directors issued two proclamations.
In recognition of The Woodlands Christian Academy Boys’ Basketball Team winning the Class 5A TAPPS State Basketball Title, the Board of Directors proclaimed Wednesday, March 24, 2021 as The Woodlands Christian Academy Boys Basketball Team State Champions Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
In support of the preservation of the natural environment and keeping the hometown vision alive, the Board proclaimed April 2021 as Earth Month in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
• Received Administrative Reports from Township departments.
• Approved an amendment to extend commuter bus services through The Woodlands Express current service provider, First Class Transportation.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
• Received and accepted an Administrative Report from The Woodlands Fire Department.
• Deferred adopting a resolution regarding guidelines and criteria for considering tax abatement agreements by The Woodlands Township to an April meeting.
• Tabled a request from the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office for the purchase of license plate readers to the budget meetings to be held in 2021.
• Chairman Gordy Bunch provided a COVID-19 Update regarding the number of people vaccinated in Texas. His presentation can be found at this link.
Director Dr. Ann K. Snyder, who serves as the Township’s Nonprofit Liaison, provided an update on non-profits including Interfaith of The Woodlands, Montgomery County Food Bank, Montgomery County Women’s Center, Mosaics of Mercy, Community Assistance Center, Yes to Youth and Meals on Wheels Montgomery County. Her presentation can be found at this link.
• Received and accepted a briefing on the 2021 Woodlands Marathon.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed. Follow the Township’s official Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/thewoodlandstownship.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
PHOTO: In recognition of The Woodlands Christian Academy Boys’ Basketball Team winning the Class 5A TAPPS State Basketball Title, the Board of Directors proclaimed Wednesday, March 24, 2021 as The Woodlands Christian Academy Boys Basketball Team State Champions Day in The Woodlands, Texas.