Type O blood especially is in demand, and we're asking you to come in and donate today! Together, we are united in one mission: Saving lives.
With surgeries starting back up at local hospitals, the need for more blood donations is growing daily. Your blood donation is essential to keep the blood supply strong and steady. Without on-going donors, we cannot ensure patients have the blood they need.
You Never Know Whose Life You Might Save
So don’t miss your chance to save lives! Click the underlined link below to reserve your donation appointment. Thank you in advance.
Woodland Oaks Church Of Christ
Sunday, June 7, 2020
7:30 a.m. to noon
7300 Crownridge (Church Parking Lot)
The Woodlands, TX 77382
The Blood Center is now requiring that donors wear a mask or face covering when at a blood drive. In the case that you do not have one, staff will offer you one. The safety of donors and staff are important to us. Your support in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Red Cross Family Assistance
The American Red Cross has launched a Virtual Family Assistance Center (VFAC) to support families struggling with loss and grief due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Red Cross is here to provide compassion and support to families as they grieve.
To help, the Red Cross has set up a virtual team of specially trained mental health, spiritual care and health services volunteers who are:
- Connecting with families over the phone to offer condolences, support and access to resources that may be available
- Providing support for virtual memorial services for families, including connecting with local faith-based community partners
- Hosting online classes to foster resilience and facilitate coping skills (Coping in Today’s World and Psychological First Aid)
- Sharing information and referrals to state and local agencies as well as other community organizations including legal resources for estate, custody, immigration or other issues
- Front-line responders, such as healthcare workers, workers at long-term care facilities, and other essential personnel dealing with families of COVID-19 patients, are welcome to call as well.
All Family Assistance Center support will be provided virtually and is completely confidential and free.
Please visit www.redcross.org/vfac to access a support hub with special virtual programs, information, referrals and services to support families in need. The hub will also connect people to other community resources provided by partners. People without internet access can call 833-492-0094 for help.
Township’s Coronavirus page
The Woodlands Township’s special COVID-19 information page can be found at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/covid19. This page features Montgomery and Harris county Hubs, community resources and updated COVID-19 news from the Federal Government and the CDC. This page also includes the latest news from The Township, updates from partner agencies, social distancing strategies, important links, frequently asked questions, live Twitter feeds and more.
Please stay connected to The Woodlands Township through our many communications channels. Learn more and sign up at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/stayinformed.
The Woodlands Township publishes this update to inform residents and businesses regarding the COVID-19 and its impact on The Woodlands Township. Please sign up for Township news and notifications at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/notifyme.