The Woodlands Township is expecting dangerously cold temperatures and wintry precipitation late this weekend and early next week. The Township urges you to be prepared and stay safe.
The most significant threat will be prolonged periods of extreme cold beginning Sunday night and lasting until Tuesday.
The Township announces the following closures for Monday, February 15, 2021:
- Township offices and facilities will be closed. All public meetings with The Woodlands Township have been cancelled or postponed. A decision will be made on Monday as to whether to close on Tuesday.
- All Recreational Facilities including Riva Row Boat House, Lakes Edge Boat House, and Texas TreeVentures will be closed.
- Convenience voting for The Woodlands Villages and Residential Design Review Committees is cancelled for Monday.
- The Woodlands Express operations will be suspended Monday and Tuesday.
- The Waterway Trolley will be closed with determination of service for Tuesday yet to be announced.
- Curative will close The Woodlands testing locations due to the expected inclement weather for Monday, February 15, 2021.
- Conroe, Magnolia and Tomball school districts will be closed Monday and Tuesday, as will The Woodlands Christian Academy and The John Cooper School. Please check with your respective school for details.
Also plan to limit outdoor exposure early next week as wind chills are expected to be unusually cold. Roads and bridges may ice over. Public safety officials highly recommend staying off roadways if both temperatures remain below freezing (32 degrees Fahrenheit) and precipitation occur at the same time. Monitor roadways through Houston Transtar and Montgomery County Northstar. For statewide traveling, check out www.drivetexas.org
Preparations are key to people, pets, plants and pipes to avoid harm to health and damage to property. Depending on your area, you might see downed power lines and trees caused by heavy ice. As always, The Woodlands Fire Department will be monitoring the weather and preparing to respond and recover.
Long periods of below freezing weather can be hazardous for people and animals. It can also cause water pipes to freeze and burst. Sprinkler systems are extremely vulnerable if not fully flushed.
Read more on What You Should Do, including this important message from Woodlands Water.
Please check The Woodlands Township homepage at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov for updates to the calendar and news flashes, or follow the Township on Facebook and Twitter.
View Additional Messages from Partner Agencies, including safety tips and advice.
For current weather conditions and advisories, follow your favorite weather station or app, or visit www.weather.gov.