SPECIAL EDITION - COVID-19 4TH WAVE
During the current nationwide surge in COVID-19 cases, particularly the Delta variant, the Township reminds residents to stay safe and well and to help mitigate the spread of the virus.
Since Tuesday, August 3, 2021, the testing positivity rate in Montgomery County has increased from 17 to 21 percent. The Harris County COVID-19 Threat Level has been raised to Level 1 (Severe Threat).
The COVID-19 vaccine is widely available locally at hospitals, healthcare provider offices, pharmacies and retailers. To find a vaccine near you, please visit www.vaccines.gov/search/. Here you can search based on zip code and vaccine preference (Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson).
Texans can also register online at GetTheVaccine.dshs.texas.gov. You will be notified by email or text when and where to get the vaccine. The Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler helps Texans get scheduled for a COVID-19 vaccine at clinics hosted by participating Texas public health entities.
The Woodlands Township is a host location for COVID-19 testing provided by Curative, Inc. Testing takes place seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Township offers free testing through Curative at three locations. Please note, testing is no longer offered at 2801 Technology Forest Blvd.
- Bear Branch Recreation Center, 5310 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381
- Sterling Ridge Park and Ride, 8001 McBeth Way, The Woodlands, TX 77382
(Through August 2021)
- The Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park, 6464 Creekside Forest Drive., The Woodlands, TX 77389 (Through August 2021)
Montgomery County Hospital District has returned to reporting three times a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The reports are posted on the Township website under County News Releases/Partner Agency Notifications.
Harris County items are also posted there as received. In addition, social media feeds from both agencies can be viewed by scrolling down at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/covid19. Precautions to Consider
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the CDC recommends the following:
- Get vaccinated.
- Wear a mask if you are not yet vaccinated. As of July 27, 2021, the CDC has revised its guidance for vaccinated individuals, encouraging them to wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission.
- Stay 6 feet away from others i.e., social distance from those not in your household.
- Avoid crowds and crowded spaces.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Wash your hands frequently.
Please visit the Township’s COVID-19 information page, www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/covid19 for resources, information and updates.
Read the complete update online.